Chap 22 - Love?

Jungkook's Pov

We make it inside the auditorium where music is playing loudly and students are dancing wildly. Jimin grips my hand tightly, making me smile. The four of us sit down at a table, watching everyone else as we chat.

"What did he get mad about?" Jimin asks over the music.

"I accidentally slipped up and told his girlfriend that he hits me... He just got really angry after that. I'd rather not talk about it," I say. Jimin nods.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for bringing it up. We shouldn't let him ruin the whole dance experience, right?" I nod. Jimin gulps.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," I laugh. Jimin nods.

"Yeah... I'm just stressed out right now, I guess."

"Why?"

"It nothing... Let's not let it ruin the night, okay?" I nod and smile even though I really don't feel like smiling. I'd rather just sit here and wait for Jimin to start talking about what has been bothering him.

"Do you want to go outside? The air is pretty stuffy in here, don't you think?" Jimin asks. I nod. We both stand up and walk out of the auditorium and into the crisp air outside. We sit on a small bench just by the doors. I sigh and look over to see Jimin shivering from the cold. I smile and take off my jacket and drape it around his shoulders. He smiles and thanks me before saying,

"Cliché."

"Well... Maybe if you had brought a jacket, I wouldn't be acting all cliché right now..." Jimin playfully glares at me.

"Touché." I laugh. We sit in silence for a little while longer. We watch couples pass by with smiles on their faces as they go through the doors and into the auditorium.

"Jimin?" I ask. He looks at me and nods, waiting for me to continue.

"Do you remember how I told you about my Mum?" I ask him. He nods. I smile and take out the picture from my pocket. I show it to him and he gasps.

"She is so beautiful. You look a lot like her," Jimin mumbles. I nod.

"I got that a lot. She has died when I was 14. She was murdered; I was at home when she was murdered and I just live with this guilt every day that maybe I could have done something... I mean, maybe I could have saved her."

"Jungkook," Jimin sighs. He wraps me in his arms for a hug. I feel tears in my eyes as I hug him back.

"I think one of the reasons why I love to be around you so much is because you remind me of her. She was always happy and optimistic. She was the greatest example of a role model. She was neat and well-kept with everything she did. You are just like her and I think that's why I-" I stop myself.

"You what?" Jimin asks. I gulp. I couldn't possibly tell him that I loved him, could I? I mean, I know for sure that this small crush I had on him has definitely turned into something more. But could it be love? Mother had told me about love once. She had said you feel it when that person makes you happy no matter what circumstances or situations you were in. This person gave you a feeling that you couldn't describe no matter how hard you tried. I felt the exact way with Jimin. Is it love? No, not just yet. But it's pretty darn close to it. Music started to play in the auditorium. It was a slow song.

"Nothing... Uh, why won't we dance?" I ask. Jimin smiles and nods. I take his hand in mine and quickly lead him back inside. We walk out onto the dance floor and stop when we hear the singer of the particular song singing.

I wrap my hands around Jimin's waist while he wraps his arms around my neck. I smile as we stare into each other's eyes. As cliché as it seems, I feel like this one special night will be the start of something extraordinary.