34

34

Song of the Chapter: Never Close Our Eyes by Adam Lambert❤

Zayn's body kicked into gear. The prospect of losing Anna to people as evil as the Obscure...shook him to his bones.

He rushed out of the door, locking it hastily behind him, and ran to his car. Stuffing the keys into the car's ignition, he tapped his fingers impatiently on the wheel.

"Oh god...no, not now..." He mumbled in frustration as his car spluttered and spit. It wouldn't start.

"Shit." Zayn cussed. Now was not the time for broken cars. He rushed to the garage and pulled out his bicycle-the only other mode of fast transportation he had.

Thankfully, the bicycle didn't break down on him. Minutes later, Zayn was nearly at the headquarters...the place he worked.

Right now, Zayn didn't see it as his workplace-he saw it as the place Anna was captive in. Zayn pushed his bike against the wall and entered the building, fingers trembling as he cautiously crept to the front desk. As normal, Ryan Mackleless (the front desk manager) was positioned there.

"Name." He said stoically.

"Zayn Malik." Zayn rushed .

"ID number." Ryan questioned blandly.

"0978." Zayn rattled off.

"Anonymous pseudonym." Ryan asked.

"Oh god...can I just go in?" Zayn moaned impatiently.

"No. Anonymous pseudonym." Ryan demanded. Zayn sighed.

"Wes Isles." He said.

"Last question. Purpose for entering the Obscure Headquarters?"

"I need to rescue someone." Zayn babbled. Ryan didnt even question his answer.

"Carry on." He drawled, letting Zayn pass. With that, Zayn took off towards the door he was sure led to Anna. Zayn burst into the room and almost shouted when he saw the familiar figure of Anna.

She was tied to a chair, her hands behind her back and her mouth gagged.

The sight made Zayn tremble with anger. The Obscure had no right. Anna didnt deserve that. He was about to rush to her when a sinister laugh bit through the tense air.

"Zayn. Ooh, you finally came to find your princess. Shame you can't save her today." It was the head of the Obscure. Zayn bit his lip in confusion.

"I'll save her." He said angrily.

"I'd give anything for her, even if it means losing what I have." Zayn said nobley.

"Aw. How Noble of you, Zayn. Now that your speech is over, I'm giving you a choice." Zayn waited for him to continue, his blood cold.

"Either you hit this girl, or we'll hit her ourselves."