Chapter 17

Song of the chapter: Gentleman by The Saturdays❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna was worried. She was worried because of what she felt towards Zayn.

She no longer felt fear, panic and anxiety when he was near.

She felt protected.

Everything with him seemed natural.

That was what kept Anna up into the very late hours of the night. It wasn't normal for her, to feel so strongly for a person two-sided as Zayn. But now, Zayn seemed like a different person. A gentleman, one who treated Anna like a queen. She was beginning to adore Zayn. It had been 1 week.

An entire week of gentleman Zayn, and Anna was used to it.

She was no longer frightened by him, and he no longer set out to frighten her. Instead, she began to fall for him, and he set out to catch her fall.

Every night since that Mario Kart night, Zayn had left for work. He had kissed her forehead softly and went off to his job, leaving Anna alone.

Anna didnt think much of his job...she knew he hurt people, but this knowledge didnt affect her as much as it had earlier.

She could barely picture the Zayn she knew hurting people. Often she stayed home and began to read until Zayn returned.

Then she would be up to wish him goodnight before going to bed. Zayn liked when she did that. It made him feel, dare he say it, loved. And he adored that feeling.

Sometimes he would get up early in the morning and creep over to Anna, peeking into her room.

She would often be wearing Zayn's old t shirt and boxer shorts as her pajamas, and Zayn liked seeing her in those before she changed into normal clothes.

That morning, however, Zayn wasn't awake to fulfill that little experience.

Instead, he woke up late. Quickly, Zayn changed and left his room, looking to see if Anna was awake yet. Of course, she was.

She was sitting out in the balcony, watching the clouds drift lazily through the sky.

Zayn took special note that she was wearing his snapback, and a warm tingly feeling filled his body.

"I wish I was a cloud." Anna said dreamily, turning to Zayn. Zayn sat down beside Anna and turned his head to look at her.

"Do you? Why?" He asked, looking up at the clouds with her.

"Because look, they're so free, happy looking. And when they're sad, they can rain all they like and no one will judge them." Anna pointed out carefully.

Zayn pursed his lips. She had a point. Anna was not free. She was contained in a house with a man who was becoming more and more smitten with her, a man who had a dark side so prominent that Darth Vadar would be envious.

Zayn's mind wandered to the second part of her explanation. Did Anna ever cry? He hoped not. Zayn never wanted Anna to cry. And if she did, Zayn wanted to be the shoulder she cried on.

"I suppose being a cloud would be nice." Zayn mumbled.

"Can we go inside? It's cold." Anna asked shyly, and Zayn smiled.

"You were the one that was out here in the first place." Zayn laughed, but opened the door for Anna.

"Shut up." Anna swatted Zayn's chest playfully and skipped inside.

"I want to decorate. Can we paint? On the walls? White is such a plain color to have all over your house..." Anna complained, her eyes gazing hopefully up at Zayn.

Zayn couldn't say no.