Chapter 14

Song of the chapter- He's in Love by Katie Waissel❤

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry." those were Zayn's first words as he presented a plate to Anna (who was still watching TV). Anna looked up at Zayn, who was looking down at her with a small apologetic smile.

Then her gaze shifted to the plate he was holding out to her.

She let out a little gasp. It was a grilled cheese sandwich In the shape of a heart. Zayn was looking at her with a sheepish smile.

"I know, it's not much. but I wanted to say I'm sorry." Zayn mumbled in her ear. Anna gave him a weak smile and swiftly pecked his cheek.

"You're sweet." She said, taking the sandwich. 'You wouldn't say that if you saw what I did in the nighttime.' Zayn thought to himself. 'You wouldn't say that if you saw me beat people down.' But he wasn't complaining.

He was edging his way slowly into Anna's heart.

His cheek was burning from her little kiss and he desperately desired for her to do it again. But he would be patient. He would wait and work his way to her heart, and, once he got there, hopefully earn a real kiss.

The rest of the morning was spent watching Dr Who on the couch with Anna, who one or twice buried her face into Zayn's chest when something frightening happened.

Anna had almost fully warmed to Zayn, and he always radiated safety. But still, Anna feared him.

His eyes were always so cold and often distant. That scared Anna. Luckily though, she wouldn't be afraid much longer.

Zayn intended help her trust him. Be the gentleman she would want. If he actually had the patience to.

~~~~~~~~~

That night, Zayn blew off work. He knew the consequences. the Obscure would confront him tomorrow, and he would most certainly be punished.

But, Zayn felt it was a bigger priority for him to spend his time with Anna.

He could handle pain, but he couldn't handle not having Anna. He wanted her more and more by the second...he needed her.

She was so pure, full of life and unspent love.

Zayn wanted that, so selfishly. He was almost willing to give up anything for it. Everything except, of course, his occupation. If he gave that up, he would surely switch from being the hunter to being the hunted. That was to much of a risk to take. So that afternoon, Zayn told Anna to stay home while he ran an errand.

When he returned, he had a wii game console under his arm.

Telling Anna to go watch dr who on her iPhone, he installed the game system quickly and set up a game he had found with good reviews at the game store.

Tonight would hopefully be a night full of fun, preferably some banter and maybe, if Zayn was lucky, another kiss on the cheek.