Chapter 12

Song of the chapter: Eyes Open by Taylor Swift❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast, lunch and dinner came and went.

In the evenings, Zayn left for his job. Or, his dark excuse for a job.

Anna almost wanted him to stay with her.

Almost.

Zayn was definitely growing on her. It seemed that ever second that he spend with her, Zayn became more kind and sweet. Why, he even pulled out Anna's seat for her at lunch. That little chivalry had made Anna blush.

Zayn didn't know what compelled him to act so differently towards Anna. He seemed like he was slowly becoming a different person for her. A sweet, thoughtful gentleman. It actually scared him slightly, but Zayn didn't mind.

Something within him wanted Anna desperately, and if being a gentleman helped him get her, he had no objections. So Zayn departed to join the rest of the Obscure, and Anna sat at home.

Home.

That was Zayn's house now...her home.

It was weird of it to be thought of In that way, but Anna supposed it was the only way she could think of it.

The house was so empty without Zayn in it, and Anna was a little frightened. So she padded down the stairs and turned in every light in the house, just to make her feel better, before heading to her room. There she changed into her pajamas (which were Zayn's t shirt and boxers, because She didnt have the strength to rip the tags off of the new pajamas he had bought her) and fell asleep on her bed instantly.

Meanwhile, Zayn beat a man until he passed out. Why? Because the poor man couldn't pay his debts to the Obscure's member Nathan Sinchai.

Zayn almost felt sorry for the guy...but he couldn't. His heart was so cold and lifeless that many would speculate that he had no heart at all.

He beat the man down until he lay unconscious. He wouldn't die-but Zayn had proved his point.

Tomorrow, the Obscure would send a check to him for his services. His job finished for the night, Zayn drove back to his home.

Zayn eagerly unlocked the door to find all the lights on.

Zayn laughed and walked up the stairs to find Anna's bedroom door slightly open.

Peeking in, he saw Anna fast asleep on her bed, wearing his t shirt and his boxer shorts.

Zayn felt a little flutter in his heart at the sight of her in his clothes...he liked her wearing his stuff. He concluded that she should do it more. So he left one of his old snapbacks on her dresser. Maybe she would wear it sometime.

He wondered how she would look in a snapback.

Beautiful, he guessed, because she always looked beautiful.

Smiling to himself, he went back to his own room and fell into a peaceful sleep-the type he hadn't experienced in years.