Chapter 1

1

Anna stared blankly at the home she was leaving behind.

The old, chipped white paint still held so many memories for her. Despite that, she was moving away...across the world to London, England. Leaving behind all her family and her friends....which was fine with her because they didn't give a shit about her anyways.

When she told her family she was moving, they had asked her why. Anna supposed that was a good question to ask...but a question she didn't have a clear answer to.

She just wanted to start fresh. Get away from the chaos that was always stirring around her family in LA. She hated the constant fights, the bickering between her mom and dad, her brother and her sister.

She hated getting pulled into the fights, convicted by one family member or another to join their side.

Anna would hide in her room with a pillow over her head. That had become Normal, over the years.

Anna wanted to escape from that. Shaking her head to release the bitter memories, Anna picked up her suitcases and hauled them towards the cab that would take her to the airport.

Anna was looking forward to living in London. She could start an entire new job there...and hopefully she would be able to make some actual friends. The cab gradually brought her to her destination, dropping her off at the airport swiftly.

Anna thanked the driver kindly, handing him some money for the fare and dragging her suitcases into the airport.

She was more than ready for this new life in London.

Smiling softly to herself, Anna looked down at her converse shyly. Maybe she would meet a boy there.

She'd like that.

Anna was always a girl who loved reading mushy gushy romance novels, and had accepted the fact that nothing like that would happen to her here. But maybe, in London, it would.

That idea made Anna smile, and she proceeded on her way to her airplane's gate. In her mind's eye, London was already her new home.

~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for flying with us today, we hope you enjoy your visit in London." An overly chipper female flight attendant grinned enthusiastically at Anna and her fellow plane passengers as the plane finally landed.

The flight had been boring...several straight hours of nothing. And now Anna's ears hurt from the altitude changes that happened whenever you flew in a plane. Managing a little smile that she returned to the chipper woman, Anna made her way out of the plane and eventually, out of the airport. She called a cab and after another hour of effort, found herself in front of a hotel.

"Enjoy your stay." a firm looking man with a thick accent said to her, after she checked in to the hotel.

She didn't realize that her stay in the hotel was going to be much shorter than expected.