Chapter 25

25

Song of the Chapter: Wanted by Hunter Hayes❤

That night, the Obscure held another search for the unidentified red-head girl.

Zayn snuck away, as he had before, because he wanted to patch his relationship with Anna back together.

As soon as he closed the door behind himself, he ran to the closet in his bedroom. He would show her he was sorry. He would never hurt her again.

~~~~~~~~~

Anna was sitting on her bed, playing with the strings on her hoodie. She knew she'd forgiven to quickly. As soon as she saw Zayn's face, she'd forgiven him.

He seemed so sincere, desperate, pleading...it was so different from his earlier moods that Anna just had to accept his apology.

She was willing to give him another chance, even. And that scared her. Why was she so forgiving? Should she just try and shut him out? Something in her told her she knew she wouldn't be able to.

Sighing, she got up and went downstairs for some hot cocoa.

She was about to enter the kitchen when she felt a pull on her arm.

"Come and look at this." Zayn begged.

"Zayn? I thought you were at work..." Anna said in surprise, but Zayn silenced her with a tight lipped smile.

"No. Now I need to show you something." Zayn said slowly, pulling Anna's arm like a child wanting his mother's attention. Anna followed Zayn to the front of the house, the living room.

There, spelled out in little chocolate kisses, were the words 'Im Sorry'.

Anna looked up at Zayn in surprise, and was greeted with a soft, gentle kiss.

"Do you forgive me?" Zayn asked, his voice hesitant.

"I know you're still angry, and you every right to be. I just need to know, Anna." He mumbled. Anna felt her heart warm and she leaned forward, kissing Zayn softly once more.

"Of course." She whispered gently. Zayn grinned excitedly and couldn't stop himself from kissing her once more. She made him happy. So, so happy. Happier than he'd ever been in his life. She made him into a gentleman, not a monster who terrified everyone. She was slowly helping him become himself. The problem was, Zayn wanted that.

He didnt realize that becoming his true self would end in destruction for not only him, but Anna as well.

Zayn hooked his arm with Anna's and led her to the kitchen.

"Now, whilst you eat all the chocolate I just gave you, I suggest we watch a movie." Zayn mumbled in Anna's ear, sneaking a kiss over to her cheek. Anna giggled girlishly and nodded, eagerly grabbing the remote and choosing a movie.

Anna quickly started the movie and snuggled into Zayn's chest. She had fully forgiven him. He wasn't himself when he had hit her, she understood now. She just had to help Zayn crack his shell of anger and intimidation.

Around her, he was kind. Sweet, gentle, and kind. But she didnt know what he was like around others.

She didnt know he was a ruthless, cruel, cold hearted person when she wasn't by his side.

Zayn didn't think he could fully change, that he would turn into a caring boy who's personality would actually represent who he wanted to be.

Zayn believed he would always e a monster, he was only taming it for Anna.

However, he was wrong.