Chapter 5

Song of the chapter: Im with you by Avril Lavigne❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn's words didn't comfort Anna in the slightest.

"Why do you need to protect me? i don't understand..." She spoke, her voice soft.

"I...don't know. I just feel like I have to." Zayn muttered, more to himself than to Anna. This didnt help Anna at all-all she felt was confusion.

"Wha-" she started, but suddenly Zayn clapped a hand over her mouth.

"Shh. It's the Obscure." Zayn whispered softly. Anna was so confused. Who in the world were 'the Obscure'? She didn't hear or see anyone. Zayn didn't answer her mental question, however. He hesitated slightly before pinching a spot between her neck and her shoulder.

"I have to do this. I'm sorry." He muttered, before Anna's eyelids shut and she fell unconscious.

~~~~~

When she woke up, Anna found herself upon a fluffy white bed. Anna wasn't one to freak out instantly, but when she found herself laying in a bed as didn't recognize, she did just that.

"Wha-where am I?" She muttered to herself, sitting straight up and taking in her surroundings.

The rest of the room was blank-plain white walls, a white dresser, a white bedside table, a white door that was cracked open and led to a bathroom, and a closet door that doubled as a mirror. Another door was open, leading directly into what Anna assumed was the rest of the house.

It was obviously a house, Anna concluded, only because this bedroom was to blank to be a hotel room.

Obviously whoever owned this house wasn't very personable.

Suddenly Anna remembered something that turned the entire story around. She remembered Zayn, covering her mouth and looking worriedly around. She remembered him pinching her shoulder and she remembered her eyes rolling back before her memory faded to black.

Zayn. This was Zayn's house. Or...or it could be the house of those people Zayn had talked about-the Obscure.

Anna shivered...if the Obscure were feared by Zayn, someone who terrified Anna greatly, Anna had every right to fear them as well.

Carefully, cautiously, Anna crept out of the bed and out of the door. The rest of the house was painted white as well, a large white carpeted staircase winding it's way down to another floor below.

Anna decided to look around this second floor first, to see if she found anyone, but when she turned around she discovered there was only one door-the door that led to the room she had just left.

So, slightly baffled, she descended the stairs down to the bottom level.

"Hello?" She called, walking warily into an all white living room and finding no one.

"Um, hi?" She called out again, investigating a second room with literally nothing in it but a huge window and plain white drapes. This house was literally spotless, it was creepy. She got no reply from her call, so she ventured into another room.

"Hi?" She asked, before realizing it was a bathroom and walking out.

There were only two rooms left, so if anyone was here they'd have to be in one of those rooms.

Cautiously, Anna looked into the room leading out of the living room. It was another bedroom, nearly identical to the bedroom she had found herself in earlier...accept that this room had a few random items and a stack of paper piled on the bedside table and dresser.

That left only one room to investigate-and Anna was sure that the owner of the house would be in that room.