Chapter 9

Song of the chapter: just the way you are by Bruno mars ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You can only leave the house with me, never by yourself. I don't want any of the Obscure to find you." Zayn told Anna, his tone firm.

"If they find you, they will take you." He added, putting emphasise onto the word 'will'.

Anna nodded...Zayn had reminded her at least three times...and Anna was beginning to trust him more and more by the minute.

He promised to look out for her, protect her from enemies that otherwise would pass unseen by Anna...but she still had her doubts. Zayn seemed to know this. He positioned his hands squarely on her shoulders as they stood just outside of his front door. His eyes gazed into hers with such conviction and purpose that Anna almost collapsed.

"If you leave, Anna, they will find you. They will seek you out and destroy everything you know and love. They twist you, Anna. I'm here to protect you. I don't want them to know you're here, because they will attack you. They have no respect for women. I...I didn't used to have any respect for women. Until you came around...and I feel like I can't touch you. Like I can't take that innocence, and by laying a hand on you I would take your pure light from you. I will keep you safe, Anna, you have to trust me." He told Anna softly, his hands almost shaking as he gripped his shoulders.

He didnt know what he saw in Anna, other than her pure innocence. But be saw something-and whatever it was, it captivated him.

He felt a strong, magnetic pull to Anna...he knew he liked her.

He knew he liked her a lot.

Zayn needed to protect Anna...he couldn't let her fall into the hell hole of the Obscure. Zayn's speech held so much conviction, so much complete seriousness that Anna believed. She believed every word Zayn said, and trusted him that little bit more.

"Were your friends at the pool the other day part of the Obscure?" Anna turned her head slightly to look at Zayn as he drove.

"Yes. The only reason why they didnt attack you was because I snapped my fingers thrice. That signals to let the innocent pass by. I can't keep them from taking you if they attacked you, though. I don't hold THAT much authority." Zayn said smoothly as he turned the wheel and rounded a corner.

"Oh." Anna murmered softly.

"You are on the wrong side of the road." She blurted randomly. Zayn laughed and gestured to his steering wheel.

"I'm not. If I was the wheel would be on that side of the car." Zayn pointed to where Anna was sitting.

"You are such an American." Zayn added with a snicker.

"I know." Anna smiled and poked his side jokingly. Zayn suddenly sobered up.

"Don't touch me. Don't you dare touch me unless I tell you to." Zayn commanded, all traces of happiness gone from his eyes.

Anna sat back in her seat, petrified. She didnt dare question him.

The next few moment followed in silence, as both Zayn and Anna pondered their short burst of banter that had occurred moments before.

That was when Zayn realised he had laughed. Anna had made him laugh. Zayn hadn't smiled in years, let alone laughed!

That was when Zayn wondered...could Anna change him?