Chapter 23

23

Song of the Chapter: I Don't Trust Myself With Loving You (cover by Cher Lloyd)❤

Zayn woke up to a noiseless house. No singing from Anna's room, no music in the kitchen. It was almost depressing, and it made Zayn realise he had been without that sort of stuff before Anna-now he missed it.

Zayn crawled out of bed and tramped noisily to the kitchen. He froze when he noticed Anna, sitting at the kitchen table in a pair of the shortest shorts in the world and a crop top. God, was she trying to kill him?

"Good morning." Zayn cleared his throat, smiling shyly at Anna. Shyly.

Zayn never smiled, let alone SHYLY. But he had come to learn that with Anna, he changed. He tried desperately to keep his eyes on her face, not letting his eyes wander to the exposed amount of skin she'd decided she'd tease him with today...but his self control wasn't quite as established as most.

"Morning." Anna whispered softly, picking at her food.

"I made you breakfast." She added softly, pointing to a plate of eggs she had set across from her, before scampering quickly up the stairs. Zayn stared at the eggs for a moment, before dashing up the stairs after Anna.

"Anna, wait." He mumbled, grabbing her wrist just before she entered her room. Anna flinched away from his touch, making Zayn grimace softly. Anna's eyes met Zayn's, holding so much pain that Zayn almost crumbled to the floor.

"What." She asked, so quietly Zayn barely heard her.

"I'm sorry." Zayn said sincerely, all words suddenly leaving him as he looked into her eyes. Anna turned her face, refusing to meet his eyes again.

"I'm sorry too." She said regretfully, twisting her wrist from Zayn's grip and disappearing behind her bedroom door. Zayn let her go. He didnt want to force her. Sighing in defeat, he fell onto his knees in front of her door and ran his hands through his hair in distress. How was he supposed to win back her love? Almost aggressively, he slammed the palm of his hand firmly against her door.

"Anna. I need to talk to you, Anna." He said sorrowfully, his voice firm but somewhat softer than was Normal.

"I don't want to talk to you." Anna cried childishly from inside.

"I need you to." Zayn said slowly, heartbreakingly. He waited for a while, and to his massive relief the door creaked open and Anna's face peeked out.

"Okay. But please don't get angry." Anna mumbled. Zayn nodded in confirmation. He wouldn't get angry at her, never again. She didnt deserve to be the blunt of his anger. Anna opened the door a little wider, still cautiously, and let Zayn inside her room.

This was Zayn's chance to redeem himself.

To apologise.