Chapter 10

Song of the chapter: Top of the world by Bridgit Mendler❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anna, slow the fuck down! Someone from the Obscure could see us!" Zayn cried urgently, rushing after the red haired girl as she darted from one clothes rack to another.

"We're in the least popular shop in the world, Zayn. Although I do admit, there's so much cute stuff here! Why people don't shop here, I don't understand..." Anna babbled, but Zayn cut her off.

"Are you done. We have about 50 bags of clothes and other random stuff you decided you liked." Zayn asked. He was dead serious too, there were actually about 50 bags of stuff that Anna had gotten.

Zayn had money though, and lots of it. He didnt mind spending it on his girl.

His girl.

Zayn mentally slapped himself.

Anna was not his girl. Even if he protected her for a thousand years, she would never be his girl.

She was light, and he was dark. He felt out of place in his own house, because of the contrast between the bright white home and his own dark demeanour.

Light would never fall for dark, because Zayn knew that the darkness would destroy the light. Like the pull of a plug, the flick of a light switch. But he felt himself changing. Changing into an attitude that was slightly more personable, around Anna. Not drastically, no...but he could feel the change.

He had to stamp out the change, before it came; he decided. If he got rid of the change, he wouldn't fall for the light and eventually destroy her.

Anna, however, was fully aware of herself as she fell.

She was falling for Zayn, she knew.

She was falling for the dangerous one. The one that no one would ever fall for, because it was all to risky. Anna couldn't help it-could anyone?

The difference between Zayn and Anna was to signifigant.

Zayn was dark, cunning, secretive, terrifying.

Anna was bright, cheerful, good-natured and kind.

They were both beautiful, masterpieces that recognized each other as such. The biggest difference between them, however, was that Zayn refused the fall whilst Anna willingly took it.

"Done." Anna smiled, dumping the last bag into Zayn's muscled arms.

"Thank god. Okay, lets go." Zayn demanded. So Anna sat back in Zayn's car as they drove back home.

Neither of them spoke a word, for fear of breaking the precious silence that fell upon them.

"Thank you." Anna finally spoke. Zayn only acknowledged her with a nod. More silence followed.

"Would...would it be okay, if I made breakfast tomorrow?" Anna asked softly. Another pause, before another short nod from Zayn.

More silence.

Eventually, Zayn pulled the car into the driveway and helped Anna carry the bags to her room.

He helped her set up her new iPhone and put his number in it, along with a few iTunes gift cards.

"If you ever need my help when I'm away, just call." He told her. And This time, Anna was the one who replied only with a nod.

That evening there was no dinner, because Zayn forgot to prepare it.

He was distracted by the music blaring from Anna's new iPhone that she had obviously hooked up to the little portable stereo he'd bought for her.

When he snuck a peek into her room, he found the entire place a mess with new things scattered over the floors.

And he found Anna, dancing to the music without a care in the world.

Zayn had never seen anything more beautiful.

He told himself he wouldn't fall for her-but he feared he already had.