Day 142

“I love you,” Ronnie bit down her lip. It had been a few months now since she and Jay had begun dating, she had wanted to tell him for even longer than that, but she never felt like it was the right time or place, and she was never brave enough. But she just couldn’t hold it in any longer, it had to be said. That’s what she thought until she said it at least, now she wasn’t too sure it was right. Jay was sitting opposite her at a table in their favorite coffee shop, a cup of coffee in his hand. His mouth was hanging slightly open, and he wore a surprised look on his face, he definitely hadn’t expected that from their date. Ronnie almost felt bad for telling him how she felt, and for every second he didn’t reply she began to regret it even more.

       “I’m starting to grow worried here Jay. Cat got your tongue?” She tried to lighten the mood, even though she kind of felt like dying when he still didn’t speak. Jay spun the cup around on the table, at a loss of words.

       “You know what? I’m just gonna go. I'll see you at school.” Ronnie finally said after even more silence from Jay’s side. She stood up and put a few dollars on the table for the coffee. She had to hurry out of the coffee shop; the tears were pushing against her eyelids as she almost ran out of there.

       “Ronnie! Weronika, stop!” Jay came running out of the shop and caught up to her quickly. She stopped but she kept her face down, she didn’t want him to see her cry, she felt so vulnerable, rejected.

       “Look at me, baby, please.” He begged, but Ronnie refused. Her eyes were already puffed up and red. “I can express no kinder sign of love, than this kind kiss.” Jay put a finger under Ronnie’s chin and forced her to look up, before she could protest he placed his lips on hers. It was one of the more tender kisses, when Ronnie responded to the kiss he let go of her chin and moved both hands to her waist pulling her closer. Her arms snaked around his neck holding his head near hers even when he broke apart.

       “You sure know how to make me swoon, don’t you?” Ronnie sighed as she looked into the caramel colored pools Jay had for eyes. His hair was getting a bit shaggy and was beginning to fall into his eyes. She brushed the dark strands away and stroked his cheek. He was so perfect in every way possible. He was gorgeous, sweet, smart and also poetic. A trait Ronnie loved a lot. He was her soul mate and she knew they were going to be together for a long time.

       “Shakespeare is your weakness, I was trying to find the perfect quote. This was the only one the popped into my head. I’m sorry I was so slow at responding. I love you too, Ronnie.” He breathed and kissed her forehead, “It’s just . . . I’ve never been in a relationship with anyone long enough to actually love them. Diana was just for,”

       “Yeah, I don’t wanna hear about your relationship with Diana.” Ronnie interrupted him. Jay cupped her face in his hands and placed a quick kiss on her lips.

       “Diana doesn’t matter to me! I love you, Weronika!”

A smile appeared on her face and she threw her arms around him and hugged him closely for a long time. She loved when he used her full name; it made her feel amazing. For years she’s only been known as Klutz, but he changed it, people knew her now and actually called her by name. Some people did, Diana and her group of dolls still only mentioned her as Klutz. Diana was so bitter about being dumped in favor of Ronnie; she had made it her mission to make Ronnie’s life a living hell.

But Ronnie didn’t care. In that moment she was the happiest person alive. She had the perfect boyfriend and he loved her just as much as she loved him. Nothing and no one could ruin that.