Half-Cat Chapter Fourty - Love Nonagon

Chapter Fourty - Love Nonagon

It was getting hotter by the day as summer was on its way. Excited for todays meet, I gave blood to Azusa in the bathroom before going to my locker. I found a box of chocolates shaped as a read red with a golden ribben around it. I looked at the card and in girlish handwriting said: Liam.

I blushed and unwrapped the ribbon to glance inside. It was one of those fancy chocolates with cherry, fudge, mint or caramel covered with milk chocolates. I took a random one as cherry juice sloshed in my mouth.

"Like my preasent?" asked Liam, all happy. I jumped, least expecting him. "Er... yeah. I do!" I said, blushing. I handed him one. "Want one?" He shook his head and hands. "No, they're all yours." he said.

I closed the top and put it back into my locker. "Please eat this one, Liam." I smiled.

Liam took it and ate it, then he made a sour looking face. "What?" I asked. "Mint..." he replied.

I began to laugh as he followed me into first period. I set my books down next to Jared's binder. He was seriously into reading a certain book. "Ohayo." said Jared, not looking up. Knowing it was Japanese, but not knowing what it met, I sat next to him.

"What are you reading?" I asked.

"Sh, only a few more sentences." Jared hushed me. I was silent until he closed his book. "English is fun. I like the new world, it's different." he said.

"You're understanding what you're reading?" I asked him.

"Yup!" Jared smiled.

I smiled with him. "That's good..."

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Mrs. Watkins called me up to her desk as soon as she was done teaching.

"Angela, your grades have improve from Bs to straight out A pluses." she said.

I smiled. "Really? That's exciting."

She nodded. "The reason I called you up is that I'm asked if you want to become a tutor."

I bobbed my head. "A tutor?"

"Only those who are failing." she said.

I nodded. "Sure, I don't mind. How does it go?" I asked, putting my hands into my pockets.

"Well, it's onlt Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. You either go to the library in study hall or go over to their house." said said. I nodded. "That'll work out." I said. "What are the times?"

"Whenever you're free." said Mrs. Watkins.

"I tilted my head. "When do I start?"

"As soon as someone starts failing." For the first time, Mrs. Watkins looked like a sweet lady. I nodded. "Sure. Defintaly." I replied, truthfully.

I sat on my desk and opened my math book. Zak stood up and handed me a piece of paper while heading towards the pencil sharpener. I unfolded it as he wrote, Are you in trouble? What happened?

I smiled at the worry wart's message and wrote below it. No, Mrs. Watkins wanted me to be a tutor.  I foled it back to its square shpe and gave it to him as he passed.

He sat down and read it. I watched him wrtie from the corner of my eyes. Zak poked Callie's shoulder to hand the note for me.

Why? Is it a punishment?

I squeezed my lips until they got wrinkly. I got my pencil and wrote, Let's talk in lunch. I don't want to get in trouble. I then handed it to Callie to hand it back to Zak.