Half-Cat Chapter Twenty - Meeting Melissa

Chapter Twenty - Meeting Melissa

It was cool outside. There was a gentle breeze. I was under a blossom cherry tree with Drew. We were standing across from eachother. He had a bored look on his face.

"Angela... I... don't think this will will work out. You and me weren't meant to be. We never were. Look, I see you as a friend, nothing else. I'm... sorry." Drew looked away unsure, hurt and angry.

I was like that inside, but on the outside, I laughed. "That's okay. I moved on anyways."

Drew looked at me and smiled. "Okay." He put his hands in his pockets. "See ya," he said. He walked away. :See ya." I whispered.

I watched him walked. He didn't look back. He didn't stop. He kept on walking.

I started laughing. My laugh hurted. But I laughed like I just heard the funniest thing in the world, but I didn't. Water came out from my eyes from laughing to much. But then I realized, I was crying. I was crying but it sounded like a laugh. Like I was laughing at myself cry.

I shook my head. "No... no... this can't happen. Not to me. Not now... Not ever..." I was still laughing as tears fell from eyes like a waterfall. I murmured his name. His full name. First and last. It was followed by a 'he doesn't love me".

I sat on the ground, waiting for him to come back. I pulled out grass and dirt. Chunks of it. Drew! Drew! Drew! Don't leave me like this!

I found myself in my bed, trembling. My pillows and blankets were scattered all over the bed. My eyes were wet. I was crying. I sat up in bed and wiped my tears. Why was I dreaming that? It hurts! That hurts! D-did I really like him that much?

I coughed. "Nah... I never did liked him." I said out loud. I know I did, but I'll never admit. Never. Even there's proof out there, I'll make up an excuse for it.

I stretched and put on my glasses. I looked at the clock and cursed. Five minutes until the bus came.

I'm so stupid for not taking a shower last night. I'm so stupid for sleeping in. I'm stupid for not washing my clothes. What do you think you'll get done? I said in my head. 

I put on my blue jeans with one of my sister's shirts. I put on one big sock and the other an ankle sock and tried to put on my track shoes on. I didn't have time to brush my hair, so I grabbed my stuff and sprinted out the door. Just as I opened the door, the bus left. I groaned. 

I went back in my room to fix myself. I changed my shirt for a see thourgh butterfly blouse with a baggy grey sweatshirt.

I went looking matching socks and wore my converse. I brushed my hair and teeth and went outside. It was raining, so I hooed my head.

I got on my driveway, and looked down the road. Then I started sprinting left.

Since I live in the country, I passed a forest. As I was running, I sensed a hurt deer. I stopped. "From the Neko Princess, I, Angela, wants to TRANSFORM!" I yelled. White light swirled around me. Next thing I know, I was in my white minidress. I started to run to start my search for the hurt deer.

I finally found the deer under a mossy tree trunk, helpless. I heldout my rod and the tree trunk dissolved. I got on my knees and lay my hands on the blood. It slowly healed. I didn't even know how I was doing this, but it was happening.

As soon as I healed it, I bowed. "Hope you're feeling better! Nyan!" Whoa. Did I just meowed? 

I ran back to the road and there was a red car in my way. I didn't heisitate and jumped on it to get over it. The rain was starting to stop, but the wind was getting stonger though.