Half-Cat Chapter Thirty One - The Lying Explanation

Chapter Thirty One - The Lying Explanation

"Get off her." snapped Drew, walking towards us. Jared got off me as I pulled myself up. I brushed the twigs and dirt of me.

He bowed, "I am Jared Nguyen." he said, grabbing my hand. "It's pleasure to meet you." he kissed my hand.

I blushed and shuddered. I bowed as soon as he let go of my hand.

"No, no, no, no. A beautiful girl mustn't bow to a low ranking fellow like me." Jared said.

Drew whispered in my ear. "He may be in the Black Knights team, but he really doesn't care it. He was forced to serve Elliot 'cause of his rare power."

"What is he?" I asked.

"A shape shifter." he answered.

I looked back at Jared with interest. A shape shifter, eh? So that's what was the pink object!

"Well, I got to send her home." said Drew.

Jared's eyes lit up. "Where does she live?" he asked.

"Straight ahead." said Drew.

Jared went to grab my shoulder and neck. "May I walk with you, Princess?"

I could feel my face getting hot. I nodded.

Drew lead us out of the woods. We checked the road for cars and crossed.

I was walking between the boys. I couldn't look at either of them. I was getting super hot and was getting extremly nervous. Jared's light brown hair was brushed both right and left and his ends were slightly curled. His big blue eyes stayed happy. He was kinda handsome actually. Then I heard him sigh.

"I heard what happened today at the arcade." said Jared.

"Liam was sorry he tried to force you to the underworld." he said. He paused to hear a response from me. "What did Elliot say?" asked Drew.

"Elliot? It was pretty awkward to see him. All he did was... nothing. He didn't say anything. But he had this confused and shocked look on his face." said Jared.

"Did you asked Liam about it?" asked Drew.

Jared shook his head. "I thought it was better not to ask."

It was quiet. We were a quarter away from my house, and then I asked, "Jared, do you know what Nolan is?"

"Nolan Queen?" he asked, making sure.

I nodded.

He shook his head. "No, I don't."

We were a house away and I realized something. "Shoot. My mom's gonna get angry when she sees me with two guys. And Melissa was suppose to drop me off."

The boys stopped and I watched them blink in confusion. "Aw, shit." said Derw, grabbing between his eyebrows with his finger tips and holding his hip with the other.

He grabbed his lips and looked away thinking."What? What is it?" asked Jared, still confused.

"Angela's mom will be expecting Angela come home with Melissa in a car, not walking home with two guys." said Drew, sounding frusterated.

"I know!" exclaimed Jared, proudly. 

I turned to Jared but instead I saw Melissa. "Will this work?" she asked in Jared's voice. Drew stared at Jared with disbelief. "I guess..."

I stared at Jared who shaped shifted into Melissa. "Yes! It would!" I exclaimed happily, grabbing Jared's hands. "C'mon!" I ran towards my front steps while Melissa, er, I mean Jared, followed. "Er... I guess I stay here..." said Drew.

We knocked on the door and as soon I was about to ring the door bell, my sister opened the door made a face like we splashed soap on her face.

"Who's... he?" she asked. I looked over at Jared, but saw Melissa, then I turned around even more and saw Drew.

I jumped so bad, I nearly fell over the steps. 

Mom came from behind her. "Who are these people?" "Um... this is Melissa." I pointed to Jared. "And this is Drew... Er, he came over that last time for the english project. Remember?" I said casually.

"Oh yes!" Mom laughed. "I remembered! Did you get your grade yet?" asked asked him. "Er... Wednesday we'll get it. said Drew, lying.

"Would you like something to eat?" she asked them. "No, no. We only came to drop Angela off." said Drew.

"Then why didn't you call? Dad could've picked you up."

"Some idiot cut the wires in the arcade and Angela coudn't contact you." said Jared.

"Well, thank you, Drew, Melissa, for everything. Come by some other time." said Mom. "You're welcome." said Jared, smiling.

They got off the stone pourch steps, and my sister closed the door behind them. She looked at the huge window in front. "So which one is the girl?" she asked.

I looked too and saw Drew and Jared's original self walking down the road.

Thank you so much for reading it up 'till here. It's such a short chapter and it's kinda useless, so I'll post one tomorrow too.

Oh, and keep you heads up for Country of Colors. It's coming really soon! 

Picture: Jared

Song: True my heart - Hatsune Miku