One-Shot STARGAZE

Rowan's P.O.V.

I found a note on my bed when Della, Biana, and I got back from having a girls day out. I felt a warmth spreading through my body from my chest when I read the the little slip of paper.

Meet at the lake outside your window at 2:15 tonight.

~Fitz

I held in a happy shriek and danced around my room, my shopping bags I was holding thumping to the floor. I was about to show Biana when I stopped and thought, No, keep it to yourself Rowan. No one needs to know.

I took a deep breath and held it until my lungs almost burst. Letting the breath go in a rush, I plopped onto my bed. I lay down and let the note flutter on my chest, giddiness over taking me. A giggle erupted from me and more came to follow. I have to admit. It scared me a little bit to see myself like this.

A knock on my door made me sit up hastily and tuck the note under my bed sheet. Della poked her head in and I smiled.

"You can come in," I told her.

Della nodded and stepped in. She looked at me expectantly and I patted the spot next to me on the bed. She smiled and came over, blinking in and out with the steps she took.

When she sat next to me, her weight pushing on the bed made me lean toward her. I tried to straighten myself while she began talking.

"I just wanted to tell you I had a fun time today with you and Biana. I hadn't had a time where I can just relax and have fun for a while."

I looked over at Della and finally notice the lines and dark circles under and around her eyes. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She smiled and the dark under her eyes disappeared for a moment.

"I had fun too. I've never had a girls day before. It was nice to hang out with you guys." Giving Della's hand one last squeeze I let go.

Della sniffed a little and stood, making me straighten up again.

"Well I best be heading back downstairs, who knows what my boys are doing without me watching them." Della winked at me and walked to the door.

"I'll be out in a bit. I'm just going to hang out here and put what I got in my closet," I told her.

Della nodded and closed the door, but not before saying," Don't think I didn't see that note. And you best not be thinking I don't know who it's from."

I blushed and placed my hand over top the lump under my covers, revealing my note's hiding spot. With the door closed I took it out, sighing in happiness. Finally, I thought. I walked over to a desk by my bed and open the drawer. It was empty, only filled with a layer of dust. I blew into it and dust clouded into the air. Waving my hand around and coughing, I waited for the air to clear. It does and I look down back into the drawer. I glanced at the note in my hand and a smile grew on my face.

I set the note inside and closed the drawer. With no doubt in my mind, I was going to look at it again later. It wouldn't surprise me if I framed it or something.

After dinner, I went up to my room and went to take a shower. Butterflies flew in a tornado in my stomach the whole night. I could barely eat dinner. Fitz and I avoided each other the whole night, only giving each other little glances and blushing. We both sprinted to our rooms after dinner was finished. I shut off the shower and stepped out, grabbing a towel. I wrapped the towel around my head. Grabbing a mirror, I turned around and gazed at the scar on my shoulder.