Solutions

Rowan's POV

"I'm out of ideas," Fitz finally admits. All of his earlier ideas sucked. I don't tell him this, of course. Instead I sit and listen on the log while Fitz spouts outs impossible ideas. Like, one of them was sleeping in the woods with a blanket of leaves. I shot that one down pretty quickly. All of a sudden an idea starts to form in my head. I shush Fitz mid-horrible solution.

"Fitz, be quiet, I'm getting something." I stare at the ground until my plan is complete then I jump up and grab Fitz's arm.

"That's it! Fitz, you can sleep with me!" I immediately blush and see him do the same.

"Wow, that came out really wrong. I meant to say you can sleep on the floor in my bedroom. Not with with me. That would be...ah, bad. Anyway, I can sneak you into my living quarters and maybe get you a blanket or something. We have to make sure not to get caught, obviously. Oh, my gosh. I think this work!"

I jump up and down but I quickly pull myself together. I look toward the Neverseen hideout and feel a pulse of fear course through me. I try to shake it off but it stays with me. I take a deep breath and let go of Fitz's arm. I slip out my dagger and clutch it in my hand. The daylight was totally gone now, leaving both of us in darkness.

"Fitz," I say hesitantly. I couldn't see him anymore but I could feel his presence.

"Yeah?" I hear him say.

"I'm going to do something that might startle you. But, I have it under control."

"Rowan, what are saying?" Nervousness is evident in Fitz's voice.

Without answering I open my free hand. Concentrating on my palm, I feel the familiar warmness spread through my whole hand. Suddenly a small spark appears, dancing across my palm. Fitz gasps and I hear him stumble away. Carefully slipping my dagger back in my boot I grab Fitz's hand. He tries to jerk away but I tighten my grip.

"It's okay. See? Nothing's wrong."

I feel Fitz relax, but don't let go of his hand. I breathe out a sigh of relief and bring the flame up to my face.

"You ready?" I ask Fitz. The fire makes Fitz's features look ghostly. He nods and squeezes my hand.

"Let's go."

Wow this is really short, sorry.