meddling memories

Start from the beginning

Crystals POV

Memories were flooding my mind. I still couldn't fully process the events that occurred. Entering this house was refacing old demons I had buried deep within me, only I never expected to face them again. But I knew I couldn't just forget it ever happened. It was the reason I came to terms with my real history, and for that I will be forever grateful.

They say ignorance is bliss. I prefer to disagree, had I not come to terms with who I am, or who I am meant to be, I wouldn't have come to terms with happiness, or who I really wanted to be.

Looking across from me, the boy who never wanted to grow up, who was so guarded for fear of caring about someone. I had fallen deeply, madly in love with him. It was the best kind of love, the one that made your heart set on fire and makes you want to be a better person, the kind of love that was worth fighting for. We've gone through so much yet we emerge stronger in the end. Not enough words could be possibly said to describe him.

When did I come to terms with the acceptance that I loved everything about him? 

From the crinkle in his smile to the mysterious pools of emerald in his eyes. His boyish grin and his desire for adventure. To his bravery and intellect, his ability to fix any situation that seems unsolvable. He was raw and broken,  he was the broken tiles that collided together to create a masterpiece, he was the rain that created the rainbow. He was imperfect in a sense, but it made me love him twice as hard.

It was like a wave, it occurred slowly, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mountains, time portals, oceans, nothing could separate me from him, because he was my world. When something is that imperfect that it is perfect, it is worth fighting for. The slight crinkle in his eyes when he was puzzled or upset that shone when he figured out a solution to something. It was all him, and it was all I needed.

"Peter" I said softly before I could comprehend what was happening in my mind, the words tumbled uncontrollably out of my mouth. "Thank you. I know I'm not the most open person, that much is quite clear already, and even in difficult situations you've done nothing but stand by my side when I questioned your intentions, yet you still stayed, but I'm glad that.." I paused suddenly realizing if I was truly ready to say what I was about to say.

"Peter Pan. You're the only one for me, you were right from the day I set foot onto that island. You won. I'm completely, absolutely in love with you. I think I tended to ignore that fact quite a bit, and I've never properly come to terms with the meaning behind that word. So here I am, and I mean it with all my heart, more than I have ever meant anything before. Thank you for the support you've given me, for being there when I made pathetic mistakes, and most importantly, for making me believe. Had I stayed in this house any longer I think I would have died" I said my thoughts spilling out of my mouth.

He seemed shocked, it wasn't often I really put myself out on a limb and didn't overthink what I was going to say, I couldn't help it truthfully, I suppose there is only so much one can take when they bottle things up for so long, eventually they will collapse. I imagine it to be like a race, with a certain destination in mind we aim to finish it, but along the way we are handed heavy objects that put a strain in how fast we get there, eventually you can only take so much, and it all falls down eventually.

He was silent, pondering what to say, emotions flitting across his facial features, for a minute all was silent.

"You shouldn't thank me. I should thank you. You showed me what it means to care about someone other than myself, something I should've learned a long time ago, what it means to put someone else's well being before your own. You've seen the monster in me, yet you overlooked it, looked deeper and saw the magnanimous side of me, even when I never saw it. I thought my whole life was supposed to be to just live, and do whatever I could to remain young forever, love and caring about others was never in the picture, to me everybody else was just there, almost like robots, they fear me so they do what I say. You're the first one to stand out to me, to decline what I said, at first I will admit, it was all a game, I never planned to actually fall for you. Now that it's been done, I can't say I regret it, an-"