Izeiah's Game {21}

Start from the beginning

She was breathing heavily that anyone could be woken by it. She walked and stomped so loud the room shook. Her breathing got faster. No one was in the room. Ivan went out somewhere.

"Announcing, the participants from the Elite Class. Blaze Uenda. Ina Savoño. Triena Himala. Evelyn Lapis. Oggy Tao. Hiroshi Ingaw. Please head to the school gymnasium. Anyone who wants to watch is welcome."

It's determined.

It's finally determined.

The beating of her heart that was wild awhile ago, finally came to a calm state.

She wasn't part of the game.

She wasn't part of the first Izeiah's Game.

Izeiah quickly grabbed her hoodie on the side and put on her tsinelas as she unlocked the door to head to the field. She ran fast, faster than she would if a ghost was chasing her.

Everything was distorted in her vision. Magulo ang nakikita niya kahit na napakaayos ng paligid. Hindi niya maintindihan kung anong nangyayari. Ngayon lang nangyari ito sakanya na natatandaan niya lamang. Hating gabi na at kitang kita ang kabilugan ng buwan. Lumamig ng lumamig ang kanyang dugo. Napaupo siya sa tapat ng isang puno. Sumandal siya dito at tiningnan ang buwan. Ngayon niya lang ito nakita dahil sa palaging nakakulong siya tuwing bilog ang buwan. Meron siyang naramdaman na pagpatak.

Umuulan nanaman.

She close her eyes then for a second, someone took over her mind. She's going to loose it. She knows she is. She started walking towards the gym where the first game was going to be held.

It was a game consisting of students from elite class only. The headmaster didn't mention if it was the first official game. Neverthless, it was the first one no matyer how the Headmaster say it..

It was pouring hard. She could have sworn nothing on her was dry.

Narinig niya ang mga tawa at sigawan ng mga ito. Mga demonyong tawa. Sinimulan na nila ang laro.

Is it really true that this game was meant for a person to get lost in their insanity?

Maybe it was the truth.

Since all she could hear was laughter and cries that were lacking of sanity.

' Once I come back, there will be hell to pay.'

She slowly head to the gym.

Lahat ng mga tao dito ay nakangiti habang hawak hawak ang kanilang mga baril o kutsilyo o mga espada.

She observed the whole of the gym from the corner and found some spectators that probably came from the outside, watching what was happening.

They were settled in the side where it was slighly elevated.

She reached for her gun tucked in her waist. Izeiah was going to pull the trigger when someone stopped her.

"Izeiah, don't interfere, sweetheart." Someone suddenly talked beside her. Izeiah smelled the familiar smell amidst the lingering aroma of wine floating around the gymnasium , she smiled at him and breathed heavily.

Then she passed out.

The warmth had made her passed out. Her blood boiled too much, her body shut down. Her body was to delicate. Too fragile for her own good.

Ivan caught her and carried her in his arms. He walked casually in the middle of chaos. Easily avoiding the bullets, attacks that were aimed to someone and the blood that was scattering everywhere.

Maybe Izeiah was uncomfortable that's why she snuggled closer to his chest which brought a small smile to his lips.

Then he felt an uninvited presence approaching. Ivan stopped, but did not face the uninvited guest.

He embraced Izeiah closer. The little lady in his arms wasn't even bothered. She was starting to look like a kitten because of her obedient and soft look and the little snores that she was making.

He then spoke to the person.

"Lothi, don't let history repeat. I can hold the biggest Izeiah's Game again. But this time, you will be the participants instead of that traitorous clan. Stay away from her. And also, tell that to the person under you who's vying for my Izeiah's *hand."

(Author's Note: What I meant here by 'hand' if you didn't get it, was marriage. It's from the idea of 'asking for your daughter's hand' which was asking the parent's permission for the right to marry their daughter. In this case, hand meant marriage or the position to be her/Izeiah's husband/groom)

"Ivan, a precious jewel, always, always, attracts a lot of thieves."

"That's why that precious jewel always have someone who looks after her."