8 Months Later: Malibu Spa *edited*

8 months later: Malibu Spa

8:00am

Today is my birthday. 4th August. 16 years old. My agent name has changed from Agent MM15 to Agent MM16 (every agency uses their age as a code for their agent name).

Nancie and I have been allowed a day off to celebrate. I haven’t heard from Leon in eight months – and I don’t want to. Nancie says that she wrote him a letter to explain what I had done. I don’t believe her though, there has been no reply.

We have organized a spa day together. I am so excited. The usual me is returning and I have got back into the boring everyday routine. Tests, coursework and more tests. Exciting, not. I am also allowed to do proper assigned missions. That is fun.

I have a loose, white lace sundress on and Nancie has a green sundress on with small brown polka dots on it. The spa is just what we need on a hot day. Yesterday, Nancie helped me pick out a bikini. It is white with blue straps and red roses. Nancie has a florescent green bikini with small white beads on the straps. I think we look fab.

We went into the changing rooms and stripped down to our bikinis. I follow Nancie to the huge pool. It was huge – and empty. They bring us funky mocktails and we settle down into the pool. Then they turn on the Jacuzzi. A whole pool with Jacuzzi jets! Nancie and I yelp with laughter as we dive into the rippling water. As I come back up, I see glimpse, a flash of green. It can’t be. I rubbed my eyes and looked but nothing was there. He wouldn’t, couldn’t.

‘Are you alright Maggie?’ asks Nancie.

‘Yeah, just though I saw… somebody,’ I say and turn back and splash water at her. We kick and chuck water at each other. I am happy, happier than I have been in a long time. Leon stuck in the back of my mind for the rest of the day. I didn’t think anything of it, but it was still there niggling. Nancie and I had back massages and face masks. It was so refreshing and relaxing.

 I was rather sad to leave the spa. I had had a great birthday there. As we paid at reception I thought I saw a flash of green, again, from inside the office. That creeps me out. He can’t be here. I’ve only just got over him.

I rush out of the spa and Nancie soon follows. What is it with him? If it is him, that is.