Chapter 1 - Catching Up!

1 Year after the events of Going For Glory...

"Ashhhhh!" Serena's sung his name as she strode up two steps at a time.

"Hmm?" Ash popped his head out from his room, just as Serena got up the stairs.

"Are you ready yet?" she asked, clearly being able to take in Ash's appearance. Ash put on his cap and stepped over the threshold.

"Of course, I am" Ash looked at Serena as if to say it was clearly obvious. Serena looked back with a straight face but then flashed a smile and hurried back down the stairs.

"What's the rush?" Ash followed her down the stairs as she twirled around to face Ash once more.

"Well, we get to see Clemont and Bonnie again. I can't hold in my excitement" Serena went for the door, but Ash lifted up a finger.

"One second, I almost forgot someone" Ash grinned, before heading back upstairs. "Pikachu?"

"Pika, Pika Pi!" Pikachu called, but from Serena's room.

"Hmm, what is it?" Ash entered and sat with Pikachu, who was interested in a book, one that resembled a diary. Ash opened it and began to read.

One year ago, tragedy struck the Kanto region and left us all worried as to what might happen. A nasty team known as Team Shadow crept into the region and disrupted the tournament we were all very excited for. They controlled our Pokemon and even our own wills. Thankfully, with the help of their now former leader, we managed to push them back and send them to where they belong for a long time, I hope anyway.

Once everything had calmed down and the region was cleaned up, everyone began to part ways. I felt sad, now being Ash's girlfriend and I wanted him to come back to Kalos. But, Ash wanted to stay home, since he had now been to a wide variety of destinations and spent little time with his Mom, besides the holiday prior to the tournament. Then, he suggested that I stay with them. At first I was reluctant but after a talk (a long talk at that) with my Mom, I went to Kalos, got my things and I now live with Ash and his Mom. Of course, I have a separate room, but we spend almost everyday together now, instead of having a sort of long distance relationship going on. Our Pokemon have bonded well too and now we are all happy. Every single one of our friends is doing great and today, we will be meeting up with Clemont and Bonnie. Since the past year, Bonnie has been training with Clemont's Pokemon, doing actual battles with him and learning many great things. Of course, Clemont is a gym leader, so his expertise will make Bonnie a great trainer. Clemont mentioned that she will be getting her starter Pokemon very, very soon, but Clemont wants to make sure the time is right.

Hopefully, we can spend a lot of time together today

"Ash?" Serena impatiently called from the door.

"Sorry, coming!" Ash closed the diary and put it back in the drawer that was hung open. "Ready buddy?"

"Pika!" Pikachu hopped onto Ash's shoulder and they set off to meet Clemont and Bonnie.

"How long has it been now?" Ash wondered as they walked down the path that led into the forest.

"Erm, quite a few months, definitely" Serena nodded to herself in confirmation and then suddenly ran down the path. "Come on then, slowpoke!"

Ash shook his head but chased after Serena. Pikachu hopped off of Ash's shoulder and followed Ash down the path, enjoying the run.

They made their way out of the forest, heading up to an open hillside, the trees surrounding them from every direction. Clemont and Bonnie were already at the top and Bonnie came racing down to Serena.