Chapter 11: Stupid In Love (Part One)

Start bij het begin

My heels click against the marble floors as I walk to the downstairs bathroom to retrieve a towel to dry my soaked hair with.

In passing, I can hear a basketball game playing on a television in the living room area. I peek inside to see Abel with his feet up, warm and cozy. He has a blunt and a glass of liquor next to him along with a variety of snacks.

I can't believe he is sitting there unbothered when he knows he abandoned me out in the fucking middle of nowhere and left me to fucking walk all the way here in the rain, in high heels!

He is a piece of shit for doing something evil like this to me, I'm so fucking done with him.

My feet are aching, swollen, and splintered from the long distance that I walked in the uncomfortable six-inch Louboutins. I slowly limp to the bathroom and collapse onto a chair inside of it to take the heels off of my feet.

I pull a towel off of the rack and dry off my hair and face, my makeup is running down it and I look a hot mess.

After resting my aching sore feet I grab my heels and make my way towards the staircase to go upstairs to the bedroom.

I turn the corner to head towards the main hallway and I run headfirst into, Abel.

He just stares intensely at me for a few minutes but I immediately break the intense eye contact and stare down at my feet.

I have nothing to say to his selfish and thoughtless ass right now. I'm beyond pissed off and I know if I open my mouth to say something it will only lead to a big argument.

I just need a hot bath and some rest until I can figure out what my next moves will be early in the morning since I am way too embarrassed to call up any of my friends or family to explain what happened.

Sadly, I have no choice but to stay here for tonight. I am way too tired to drive the miles to a hotel and an Uber there would be an arm and a leg since he lives in the middle of fucking nowhere.

He breaks my entire train of thought when he finally speaks.

"So you finally made it home huh? I hope all of this taught you a really valuable lesson, Zahra." He states calmly as if all of this uncalled-for bullshit was just justifiable. I just stare at him in complete disbelief.

I was so stunned by his nonchalance that I couldn't even find the words to respond to him, this is mind-blowing. I just walk around him and make my way up the stairs silently.

"Don't stay up there too long, you have to get started on dinner." He says and I stop on the third step and look back at him in disbelief.

Does he think that I'm cooking dinner for him after all of this? I wish I would cook a motherfucking thing for him.

I storm up the stairs and retreat into the bedroom to get away from him.

The first thing that I do is peel off my wet clothing to toss into the hamper.

I run myself a bath, dropping a bubble bar into it for all of the bubbles to fill up the tub.

As it's running, I ring out my wet hair and tie it up in a white towel before slipping on my lavender robe to shield my naked body.