Chapter 7: All Eyes On You

Zahra's Inner Monologue:

The night I officially left Abel and moved out of his house, I was emotionally broken.

I trusted him and I loved him but he hurt me beyond repair.

He not only cheated on me but infected me with a disgusting disease, he didn't have the decency to use a condom with whoever the whore was that he slept with.

It was so embarrassing to discuss all of the details of the disease with my doctor and to be forced to take antibiotics because his ass couldn't keep his shit in his pants.

He's lucky that it was a curable disease and is gone or he would have been in his grave and I would have been in jail.

I felt disgusting, but most of all I was enraged. It was like a slap in my face. After almost a week of nonstop tears in my hotel suite, I decided I needed to pick myself back up again quickly.

I wasn't going to live out of a hotel room and I damn sure wasn't going back to Abel's house. I was back to being independent so I only had me, myself, and I to depend on.

After a few weeks, I ended up hiring a realtor to find me a new apartment, he's in the process of finding me the perfect one overlooking Toronto.

It's been a month now and I'm back in school and focusing on work, I have been so distracted with the school semester coming to an end and work piling up at the office that I haven't even thought about Abel.

I really should have known it would only be a matter of time before he resurfaced, though.

I should have known that he wouldn't take no for an answer.

____________________________________

Zahra's POV:
1 Month Later

The entire afternoon at the office was busy, we had a bunch of new patients whose patient files needed to be created and filed, and with one of the physical therapists out on vacation, the office was packed.

As I'm sorting through some patient files my boss, Mr. Adams approaches my desk with a smile. He taps on my desk to get my attention and I look up and smile back.

He is a handsome man maybe in his mid-thirties and is also very successful, he has multiple businesses and medical practices all over Toronto and his wife works in the field as well.

"I know you're hard at work Zahra, but do you think I can get a minute of your time in my office? I have something important to discuss with you." He says.