Chapter 11: Stupid In Love (Part One)

Zahra's Inner Monologue:

Staying in a disastrous and damaging relationship is not poetic or beautiful.

Staying involved with someone who hurts you and who doesn't appreciate you is not romantic.

Even though I knew this, I still stayed. I loved Abel so much, that I was stupidly in love with him.

I knew the true him, I saw the true him, but stupidly I still believed in all of his lies because I desperately wanted all of them to be the truth.

Abel's acting ability surpassed his singing, he could play so many different roles but I ended up falling in love with every single character, from the heroine he played to the villain.

He was the first man to make me feel, and I found myself making excuses for him and his mood swings.

I would tell myself that he was under stress from work or having a bad day, but part of me knew that the person that he was showing me was exactly who he was and as time passed, more of the real him began to show.
_________________________________

Zahra's POV:

I walk up to the tall gates of the mansion, shivering like a junkie.

It was so bad that I couldn't even steady my hands to get the key into the front door because my hands and body were trembling so badly.

The rain was still pouring heavily, it even worsened as I got a bit closer to the house.

My clothes were ruined and clinging to my trembling body.

When I finally got the damn key to unlock the door I stepped into the house and the amazing warmness of it makes me sigh in relief.

I close my eyes allowing it to take the chill off of my body before walking further inside and dropping my purse and keys on the front table.