Chapter 3: Blazing Love

•1 Week Later•Zahra's POV:

1 Week Later
Zahra's POV:

I parked in the parking lot behind my condo building and turned off the ignition of my car.

It is pouring rain heavily outside so I sit in the car for a while and eat the food that I picked up from one of my favorite local wing spots.

It consisted of ten wet lemon pepper wings with a side of ranch along with an order of Buffalo fries and a mango lemonade drink.

My phone beeps twice and vibrates, indicating that I received a text and it's from Abel.

Honey Bun 😍: Where are you? I'm at your crib

I gave him a spare key because he asked for it, and I felt I trusted him enough for him to have it, he has a tendency of coming back late from the studio and it is better for him to be able to use his key and come inside, instead of waking me to open the door.

Me: I should be there in 15 minutes

I wanted to wait until the heavy rain slowed up a bit, and I wanted to finish my food.

Abel doesn't text me back and before I can place my phone back into the cup holder it rings and it's a call from Remi.

"Hello? What's up, baby girl?" I wedge the cell phone between my ear and shoulder so I can still eat, I hate to talk on speakerphone.

"So you get a new boo and go straight ghost mode on a bitch huh? I haven't seen your ass in two weeks. So what's going on?" She says.

I giggle. "It's not like that girl! I have been busy with work and class and last week, Abel showed up at my front door to surprise me and we've just been glued at the hip ever since."

"Aw, I wish that I had a boo or something to do cute shit like that for me. I see you have broken down and finally gave, Abel your home address huh? It's about damn time! You made the poor boy wait forever."

I freeze up. Wait, how the hell did Abel get my home address to surprise me? I never gave it to him. I was so excited and happy to see him that I didn't pay any attention.

I decide to push it to the back of my mind and finish my conversation and food, I'll bring it up to him later on.

A bang at my side window causes me to jump and drop my phone on the floor. I look out to see Abel with an umbrella over his head and I roll down the window.

"I saw your car when it first pulled up and you have been parked out here for longer than fifteen minutes. What are you doing out here?" He asks me, his facial expression is so serious.