Chapter 1: How It All Began

Zahra's Beginning Monologue:

Love, it's that little thing in romantic movies and books that seem to be so picture-perfect.

Many people spend their whole lives looking for it, and those who have it, hold onto it for dear life.

I was never optimistic about it; I was too focused on my education and future career.

I felt if love was meant for me, it would find a way to discover me. Becoming a doctor was much more important to me.

Saving people's lives, making an impact and a difference in the world. That was my perfect little dream.

In a quick flash, my dreams turned into my worst nightmare.

Instead of saving innocent people, I was trying desperately to save myself from the clutches of a man named Abel Tesfaye.

A man whose smile was so warm and gentle, and whose voice was so sensitive that you'd never think that he'd be capable of even hurting a fly on the wall, but I should have never judged a book by its cover.

I should have delved into his many layers of pages. I should have paid attention to all of the many early warning signs.

I shouldn't have let the money, lust, and so-called "love" cloud my judgment.

I should have listened to him when he told me not to fall in love with him.

Here's the story of how it all began and how "love" changed my life forever.

Zahra's POV:

Zahra's POV:

I closed my pathology textbook and my MacBook Air with a relieved sigh.