Chapter 2: Sweet & Sour

Two Weeks Later: Zahra's POV:

Two Weeks Later:
Zahra's POV:

It's been about two weeks, and I have officially friend-zoned Abel.

Yes, even after our passionate kiss I felt the need to regain all control by keeping him in the friend zone.

I'm also scared to jump into anything too quickly. I haven't casually dated anyone in over two years, and my last serious relationship lasted for three years, but it ended with me being hurt.

I'm not even going to lie, he is making it hard for me to keep him at a friend level.

In just two short weeks I have already learned all the many dimensions of, Abel.

His swagger is undeniable, he carries himself so well and can come off a little bit cocky and sure of himself which is why he is in the friend zone.

I saw a sweeter and much gentler side to him too, it's a shy and sensitive side that you wouldn't even know that he had if you judged him off of his music and his celebrity persona alone because he can come off a bit self-absorbed, dark, and overall heartless sometimes in his music.

It's the side of him that sent me beautiful bouquets of colorful flowers and edible fruit arrangements to my job almost daily with cute notes and love poems attached.

He sends me these extravagantly overpriced gifts too which shows; he is working overtime to make me his girlfriend.

I work as an office receptionist for a physical therapy office, and that is where he sends all of these things.

I'd much rather he have my work address instead of my home for now.

I walk into the office with my morning coffee in hand and my brand new Monogram Louis Vuitton GM bag in the other hand. (another extravagantly expensive gift from Abel)

I greet my coworker Giselle as she types away at her desk.

"Good morning Zahra, there is another present from your sexy mystery boyfriend on your desk. It came in this morning." She teases.

I smirked at her and shook my head. "First of all he's not my boyfriend, and secondly, I'm sure that you've already read the little card attached, so what does it say?" I teased her, placing a tea that I bought her on the desk in front of her.

She gasps and rolls her eyes at me. "I'm not a snoop, I didn't read anything!" She sighs, taking a sip of her tea. I narrowed my eyes at her.