"You're afraid of water?"

"I never said I was afraid of it! I'm just not too fond of it."

"So what you're saying is, you're afraid of it?" He grins.

"Shut up."

"You swam with me at the stream... now that I think of it, you were pretty scared to get in."

"I wasn't scared to get in that stream, it was dirty and I had never done anything like that before. I'll be fine on the boat, can we stop talking about it."

"Sure." He laughs.

"Are you going to come?"

"Oh yes, I plan on coming multiple times."

"Hardin!" I cover my face.

"I meant next weekend." I clarify and he laughs harder.

His hand moves from the steering wheel to my thigh and he gently squeezes, making the temperature in the car rise dramatically as his hand travels up to the apex of my thighs.

"This is one of those times when I need you to wear one of your skirts."

"I got some new ones today, not as long of course."

"What do you mean not as long?"

"They aren't as long as the skirts that I used to wear."

"Oh." He wants to say something but he doesn't.

"I wish you would come with us next weekend." Because I'm leaving for Seattle almost immediately after and I hope you consider coming with me.

"I'll think about it."

I'm startled when he presses his palm against me and I really wish I was wearing one of my skirts too. I look out the window into the darkness and I'm glad to see we are only a few minutes from home. With everything going on sex seems like a selfish thing to be doing but with Hardin moving his hand, fingers, and palm against my jeans, I almost ask him to pull the car over now.

"You're going to wreck the car." I scold him even though I don't want him to stop.

"I've done more than this while driv.." He stops himself but I know what he was going to say.

Hardin's POV.

"Oh." She sighs and looks back out the window as I pull into the parking lot to our apartment.

Why the fuck did I just say that to her? I know how it makes her feel to bring up the sexual relationships that I've had in the past but I really didn't mean anything by it. I was only trying to tease her while really teasing her.

"I didn't mean.."

"I know." She presses her cheek to the window.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, let's not talk about it." She requests and I agree.

I ruined the whole mood, I know I did. Way to fucking go Hardin. I turn the car off and she climbs out of the car without a word. Fuck.

With both her suitcases in my hands I follow her into the lobby and wait for the elevator to open. She is pissed, she has to be. She doesn't look pissed though, she looks..thoughtful. What the hell is she thinking about? Cutting my balls off and shoving them down my throat for saying that stupid shit in the car?

If she is, I don't blame her.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask, sitting her shit on the floor to dig the keys out of my pocket.