Chapter 147.

"Long time no see Hardin." Molly smiles.

"Yep." He takes another drink from the cup and her eyes move to me.

"Oh, I didn't see you there Tessa." She sarcastically remarks.

I ignore her and Nate hands me a new drink, obviously I will not be getting the other one back from Hardin.

"Did you miss me?" Molly asks.

She has more clothes on than usual but she is still barely clothed. Her black shirt is ripped down the front, purposely I assume. Her red shorts are incredibly short with tears in the fabric to reveal her pale skin.

"Nope." Hardin says without looking at her.

I bring the cup to my lips to hide my smirk.

"I'm sure you did." She responds.

"Fuck off." He groans.

"Geez, someone is pissy." She rolls her eyes.

"Come on Tessa." Hardin grabs my hand and pulls me away.

We walk to the living room, leaving an annoyed Molly and a laughing Nate in the kitchen.

"Tessa!!" Steph squeals as she jumps up from one of the couches.

"Damn girl! You look so hot! Wow!" She compliments.

"I would actually wear that!" Steph adds.

"Thanks." I smile.

It's a little awkward seeing Steph but not nearly as bad as seeing Molly. I have honestly missed Steph and I am hoping that tonight goes smoothly enough that we can explore the possibility of rebuilding our friendship.

"I am glad you came." She hugs me.

"I'm going to go talk to Logan, stay right here." Hardin instructs before walking away.

"Rude as ever I see." She laughs loudly over the loud music and party goers voices.

"Yea.. some things never change." I smile and gulp down the remainder of the sweet drink in my cup.

I hate to think about it but the taste of cherries reminds me of my kiss with Zed. His mouth was cold and his tongue sweet. It seems like another world, another Tessa, who shared a kiss with him. As if Steph could read my thoughts she taps my shoulder.

"There's Zed, have you seen him since... you know?" She asks, pointing her zebra printed nail at the black haired boy.

"No.. I haven't seen anyone really. Except Hardin."

"Zed felt like such an ass after everything. I almost felt sorry for him." She says.

"Can we talk about something else please?" I beg as his eyes meet mine and I look away.

"Oh yea, shit sorry. Want another drink?" She asks.

"Yes definitely." I smile to minimize the tension.

I glance around the kitchen to Zed was previously standing but he is gone.

I chew on the inside of my cheek and look back at Steph who is staring into her cup. Neither of us know what exactly to say.

"Let's go find Tristan." Steph suggests.

"Hardin.." I begin to say that he asked me to stay put but he didn't ask, he demanded. I tip back my cup emptying the remainder of the cold drink into my mouth. My cheeks are already getting warm from the alcohol running through my veins. My nerves are slightly more calm as I reach for yet another cup before following Steph into the living room.