Chapter 155.

"What a way to begin the new year." Hardin says when he pulls away from our kiss. He rests his forehead against mine.

"Yeah." I say quietly.

I am happy that we are getting better at communicating with one another and managed to resolve a huge conflict without screaming at one another, when sober at least. I am not including last night in my praise.

"I really am sorry, so sorry for saying some of the things that I said." He tells me.

"So am I." I want to tell him how much I love him and how much he means to me, how sorry I am for what I did and that he has no reason to be so insecure but what if I have it all wrong? What if he isn't as insecure as I think he is?

"Are you ready to go back to classes Monday?" He asks.

"Yes, I haven't been in a while. Well not to an actual class so it will be strange to not just drop my work off and leave."

"I would much rather drop my work off than sit in a boring as lecture." He leans against the counter but keeps one hand on my hip.

"Not me."

"Yeah I know, you only miss being the smart one, the show off." He smiles.

"Show off?" I try my best to sound appalled.

"You like to be the one answering all the questions, don't try to deny it. I know you Tess." Hardin's brow raises and he chuckles.

I love this side of Hardin. This playful Hardin is so different than the angry Hardin who smashes things against our wall.

"Whatever." I immaturely answer and laugh with him.

He pulls me closer and brushes his nose gently against mine.

"You put up with so much shit from me." His voice is soft.

"This time it was my fault, stop taking the blame." I say and he shakes his head.

"It was huh?" He smirks and I swat at his arm.

"What did Dan's sister say after you apologized?" I stare at the wall behind Hardin when I ask.

"Nothing really, she really didn't care or even really remember when we fucked..our time together I mean." I cringe at the thought of him touching her and her annoyingly shiny hair. Seriously how is it possible to have that shiny of hair? Maybe it is a wig, I hope it is and someone pulls it off..

"Tess?" Hardin interrupts me.

"Huh?"

"Did you hear me? What has gotten you so distracted?" He inquires.

"Nothing.." Only being insanely jealous and crazy.

"Tessa it was nothing with her, it was one night.. well two but she meant nothing. to me. I only fucked her to piss Dan off. It was nothing like this." He assures me and runs his fingers down my arms slowly.

"I know it wasn't." I say and mean it.

Regardless of the terrible things he says out of anger, he is mine and I am his. We are not good for one another but we are even worse for anyone else.

"You are everything to me, you know that don't you?" He whispers.

I bring my hand up to his jaw and run my thumb along his bottom lip, focusing on the metal ring.

"I do." I tell him.

"I hope you do, last night was not a good night." He sighs before I press my index finger to his lips to silence him.