Chapter 145.

Hardin's POV.

"Really?" I yell, my hands flying into the air somewhat dramatically.

Tessa's mouth falls open but no words come out as he looks at fucking Trevor then back to me. God damn it Tessa. Anger courses through me and I begin to vision the multiple ways I am going to beat the shit out of him.

"I'm going to go talk to Christian." Trevor calmly says before walking away.

I grab his sleeve in my fist and his eyes go wide. He looks at Tessa as if he expects her to save him. Not a chance, dick.

"Hardin please." Tessa whines.

The color in her face has began to drain as I tighten my grip on his expensive suit.

"Please Hardin, not here." She begs.

I desperately want to ignore her, to slam his head against the drywall but the look on her face stops me. I let go of him and he steps away after adjusting his sleeve.

"Get the fuck out of here." I say as he scurries down the hall.

"Hardin.."

"Really Tessa? You've got to be fucking kidding me." I say.

When I look at Kimberly she raises her hands in defeat before grabbing a folder off of her desk and leaving us alone. Good idea. Tessa glares at her friend and I almost laugh.

"We just got lunch Hardin, that is all." Tessa defends herself and walk towards her office.

I follow her down the hall and close the door to her office locking it, as soon as we are both inside.

"Lunch, that's all? What part of stay away from him do you not understand?" I immediately say.

"Don't talk to me like I am a child."

"Stop acting like one then."

"How am I acting like a child? I went to lunch with a co-worker." She puts her hands on her hips in frustration.

"A co-worker who I told you not to be around." I raise my voice.

"You need to be quiet. This is my job."

"Internship." I correct her.

"What?"

"You're not an actual employee, just an intern." I harshly remind her.

"So we are back to this then?" Sadness takes over her features.

"Back to what? Me reminding you not to get too big for your britches?"

"Really?" She challenges.

I clench my jaw and stare at my stubborn...girlfriend. I know I am on the verge of being too mean and I am trying not to cross the line but I am so fucking pissed.

"Why are you even here?" She asks me and sits down in her chair behind her desk.

"I came to take you to lunch so you didn't have to go out in the snow but it seems like you were just fine without me." I growl.

"It's not that big of a deal, we went to eat and came right back. You need to calm down with the jealousy."

"Jealousy? That's what you think this is?" I scoff.

"What else could it be?"

"It's not jealousy." I say again.

Of course it's jealousy. And fear but I am not admitting that.

"Yes it is." She says through her teeth.

"Damn it, no it isn't. It's about you.. you spending time with him after I specifically told you I didn't want you around him."