Chapter 192.

"Tell me what happened, it was Zed wasn't it?" I ask Hardin through the bars.

"Yeah." He tries to meet my eyes but I look away.

"Who started it?" I ask, trying my best not to jump to conclusions like I normally do when it comes to Hardin.

"I went to find him after I walked you to class."

"You promised me that you would leave him alone."

"I know."

"So why didn't you?"

"He was pushing it, he started provoking me saying that he fucked you. You aren't lying about that are you?" He questions and I nearly lose it.

"I'm not answering that again. I already told you that  nothing happened between us and here you are in a freaking jail cell asking me again." I say in frustration.

He rolls his eyes and sits down on the small metal bench inside the holding cell. He's pissing me off.

"Why did you go find him? I want to know."

"Because he needed his ass beat Tessa. He needs to know that he isn't to come near you again. I'm sick of his fucking games and the way he thinks he has some sort of fucking chance with you. I did this for you!" He's getting angry.

That makes two of us.

"How would you feel if I had been the one to go find him today after I told you I wouldn't? I thought we were both trying to make this work and you blatantly lied to my face. You knew you weren't going to hold up your end, didn't you?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, I did okay? It doesn't matter now, what's done is done." He huffs like an angry child.

"It matters to me Hardin, you keep getting yourself in trouble when it isn't necessary."

"It's very necessary, Tess."

"Where's Zed now? Is he in jail too?"

"This isn't jail."

"Hardin.."

"I don't know where he is nor do I give a shit and neither do you. You aren't going near him."

"Stop being like that! Stop telling what I can and can't do, it's pissing me off."

"Are you cursing at me?" He appears amused.

Why does he think this is funny? This is anything but funny.

I begin to walk away from him and the smile disappears from his lips.

"Tessa, come back." He says, making me turn around.

"I'm going to find your father to see what's going on."

"Tell him to hurry up."

I growl at him, literally, as I walk away. He thinks just because his father is the chancellor he is going to get out of this easily and honestly, I really hope he does but it's still nerve-wracking how lightly he's taking this.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" I hear him say and I rub my fingers over my temples.

He is so stubborn, still mouthing off the campus police. I find Ken and Landon standing next to an older man with grey hair and a mustache. He's wearing a tie and black dress pants and the way he is standing gives me the feeling that he's important. When Landon notices me standing in the hall and walks over to me.

"Who's that?" I ask him quietly.

"He's the Provost."

"That's the vice-chancellor right?"