Chapter 30

Unedited
Emiko's POV

He lifted his sword and plunged it down making my eyes widen, but he then missed me by plunging the sword down near my head and onto the floor. He breathed heavily as he held a tight grip on the sword.

The atmosphere was so tense and heavy. He just stared at me with his lilac eyes with an emotion I can't quite figure.

"What are you doing, Ichiru! I told you to kill her!" I heard Shizuka's struggling, hoarse voice say as she got onto her feet whilst holding the wall for support. Dark red blood stained her kimono and tainted her pale hands. She was holding onto her wound and gasping for air.

"But.." Ichiru trailed off just as he turned his head to look at her.

"But what, hm? You should be following my orders. All these years, I had been the one to raise you and what do you do to pay me back? Nothing! You are useless. You have always been the weak one. I should have taken your brother instead." She hissed.

"How could you say that? I trained so hard day until dawn just so I could get your attention! I love you Shizuka! I really love y—" Ichiru's desperate voice was cut off.

"Shut up! I don't have time for your pathetic claims! Just kill her!" Yelled Shizuka.

My heart broke when I saw Ichiru's crestfallen face. His eyes were glossy from the amount of tears after being rejected harshly like that. He had a tough look on his face and he looked like he was trying to hold back but I wasn't going to let him. I lifted my hand silently and slowly up to his face and place it on his cheek.

His eyes widen and he turned his head back to look at me. He stared at me for a moment before wiping his eyes on his sleeves. Then he proceeded to get off of me.

He slipped his hands under me and lifted me off of the floor, silently.

"Wha— Stop this instance, Ichiru!" Shizuka cried, an angry tone in her voice.

"Huh?" Even I was confused as to what Ichiru was doing. Maybe he has swapped sides.. But I could never be too sure.

Ichiru turned to the exit and started running. We were out of the door within a second and you could hear Shizuka's frustrated screams for Ichiru. He made sure to ignore it as we past several huge windows. This place was like a palace.

I looked around in awe and was about to make a comment about it but I came to my senses and quickly sealed my lips shut. We were in an important situation right now and I couldn't get sidetracked.

At some point, Ichiru sat me down in a corner near a pillar as he told me to stay put. After a two minutes, he came back with another weapon. It was twin swords in hands that glimmered in the moonlight.

I raised my head and met his eyes. I slowly stood from position. "She's here." I announced.

He only smiled slightly at me and gripped tightly on the swords. "That's why I came prepared."

I closed my eyes and listened in to her fast footsteps hitting the floor in quick repetition. The wind bristled past, my long hair flowed into a direction and I brushed the strands away from my face just as I open my eyes.

I raised my hand, but this time I wasn't going to use telekinesis. This was going to be something different. I have tried this several times as a child but never once succeeded. To defeat Shizuka I would need to use this skill as no other will be able to take her down, it was better than nothing.

She will meet her demise by the time the sun rises. Her body will be turned into ashes carried away by the wind and her soul won't be able to take that it ends up bursting into flames.

Slowly, I felt adrenaline pumping. I was summoning a force of energy that shouldn't even exist. It was dangerous and risky, but it was worth a try. I needed to get rid of Shizuka for whatever reason she wants my blood. I see her as a threat and that is just how it is.

If you are a threat to my existence then it is a farewell to you.

A swirl slowly forms around my hand and the ground begins to shake furiously. I made contact with Shizuka's eyes just as she lunging towards me and the swirl in my hand exploded into a huge black ball. The ground begin to have cracks that followed behind me.

I heard something from behind. My eyes widen and I turn around in shock. I didn't think it was actually going to work. There stood a large Phoenix and screeching loudly. It begins to circle around us. Ichiru glanced at it in awe. Then it did something totally unexpected. It seemed to have flown right into Ichiru's body and he stumbled back.

"Ichiru!" I yelled, stepping towards him but he raised a hand and stopped me. His head was lowered and his eyes squeezed shut as he was sweating. This wasn't supposed to happen.

He lifted his up again and opened his eyes, his lilac ones turning completely black and his swords clouded with a black mist.

"Ichi—" Just as I was about to call him again, he had ran right past in a quick motion that I couldn't even comprehend.

He ran at Shizuka with full force and leaped up into the air as he crossed his swords into an X and swung it down. Shizuka attempted to dodge but she wasn't quick enough. She stumbled to the ground stunned.

"..How?" She questioned more to herself.

"The Seventh Zenaku." I answered, "It'll stop at nothing until you are killed, that was my wish."

Right after I said that, blood sprayed into the air. It all happened so quickly and a body laid limp on the ground. Shizuka's hair was sprawled everywhere.

The sound of clanking could be heard as Ichiru dropped his swords. He was breathing heavily and looking at hands. I couldn't quite see his face but I knew he was sad. The Zenaku flew out of his body and screeched loudly, finally accomplishing it's mission.

I bowed to it as a sign of respect and thanked it. I then raise my hands and collected it back into my palm where it disappears.

"I-I did it." Ichiru quietly whispers.

I glanced over to see him looking at his shaky hands with an expression of bewilderment. I could hear his heart beating so quickly.

"Emiko!"

Someone had called my name. My eyes widened and I glanced at Ichiru but he was still looking at his hands. I was confused. I turned my head around and gasped.

Running at me was Zero. I placed my hands over my lips to stop myself from gasping again and eyes stung. My chest twisted and turned with an ache as I was enveloped in strong arms. Zero was embracing me so tightly and I buried my face into his chest. Right now, I didn't care that he had forgotten me. I just wanted to hug someone.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Zero angrily ask. I looked up, thinking it was me who he was talking to but as I glance at his eyes, they were casted directly behind me with a menacing glare full of hate and fury.

_______________________________

So sorry it took so long! It had been hectic this week but I managed to get it out today YAY!

YOYOYO this is my 30th chapter, I honestly can't wait to write more drama!

I'll see you soon!
- Estée