Chapter 10

Edited

Third Person's POV

After the encounter with Kain, Emiko decided she needed some fresh air. She closed the window and quickly walked towards the door, swinging it open gently and striving down stairs.

Some female students looked at her weirdly, probably because she is in her night gown but she didn't care. Staying in that room was suffocating her.

The young lady walked outside barefooted. In a far distance, she spotted the stable. Smiling to herself and using her speed, she vanished and appeared just in front of the stable.

She walked in, "Hello? Lilly?" Emiko called out. She waited for a moment until she heard a neigh.

"Lilly! There you are!" She exclaimed, prancing towards the white beautiful horse. The horse neighed happily. She really liked having Emiko visiting her.

"You remind me of Zero sometimes."

"Neigh!"

"Yes, of course I love you like I love him." Emiko answered, understanding what Lilly was saying as she hugged the white horse by the neck.

"Neigh?"

"Gomenasai, I can't visit you tommorow. I have school. But I promise, I'll make time for you and I'll bring Zero too, okay?"

"Neigh!"

Emiko smiled lovingly at Lilly. He stayed at the stables, speaking with the horse, for hours. She finally waved goodbye and took her leave, returning back to her dorm with a furious Zero marching up to her right when she opened the door.

"Just where were you?!" He yelled, hovering over her like a giant.

"I went to see Lilly. I was bored, she was lonely so I thought I'd pay her a visit." The brunette answered, smiling nervously. Man, Zero can be scary sometimes. She thought.

He grabbed onto her wrist tightly and tugged her over towards him. She landed into his hard chest, immediately sniffing his cologne. She couldn't help it. He smelt nice. He let go of her wrist and wrapped his arms around her small waist as if he was holding onto her for dear life.

"Baka! I thought you were kidnapped! What if something happened to you?! What do you think I'd do without you?! Baka, Baka, Baka!"

"G-Gomenasai, Zero-kun.. I didn't mean to make you worry like that."

((A/N: I apologise if you think this is escalating too quickly))

"Just.. please.. don't do that again.." Zero responded, his bangs covering his eyes. His arms were shaking.

She understood and nodded. Emiko was quite surprised, she didn't know he had this side. A side so unbarring, so sad it made Emiko feel guilty. Zero never really spoke about his past to her, in fact, he never spoke about it to anyone at all.

She assumes her adoptive father, Kaien Cross would know and she would ask him but this was Zero's life. Not hers. She didn't want to butt in. It wasn't any of her business anyway. Unlike Yuki, who always complaining about how Zero never tells her stuff.

Wanting to stop him shaking, Emiko pulled his head into her chest. A very disturbing position as her breasts were in the way but she only hoped he'd calm down. And he did. She didn't like the way he was shaking like that, it was as if he was scared of something.

"I'm.. I'm fine now." He said, as he let go of her.

She was going to question him further but she decided not to, "Alright then, but if you want to talk it out with me then you can. I won't push you, just take your time." Emiko assured.

That moment, Yuki burst through the wooden door of Emiko's room, ruining the atmosphere. She turned and glared at her short-haired sister, "Yes?"

"Oh, I didn't mean to barge through like that. It just happened." Yuki giggled but Emiko knew she was eavesdropping, "Anyway, Zero.. Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Zero stared at her for moment, then looked back Emiko and then back Yuki again. He shook his head causing his silver hair to swish around before speaking up, "Whatever you have to me, you have to say it in front of Emiko too."

Emiko responded with a warm smile at the young man, he took a look back at her and winked.

"What? No! This is really important!" The other female Kuran grumbled, stomping her feet on the ground like a child which made her sister roll her eyes.

"It's now or never." Zero shrugged.

"Fine then! Headmast- No, Father told me that you have to quickly meet up with this man you had acquainted in past. He looked like a hunter or something." Realisation hit Zero quickly, he rushed out the door but soon came back into Emiko's room and gave her a see-you-later kiss on the forehead knowing that he had forgotten to. He then rushed out again and disappeared downstairs.

"Get out." Miko (or Emiko) demanded to her younger sibling, moving her hand and using her index finger to point towards the door.

"Why are you shooing me away? Don't you like me, Emiko-chan?"

"No, Yuuki, I don't. You should've realised that years ago. How many times do I have to repeat myself?"

"Why do you hate me so much?! What have I ever done?!" Yuuki came up to Emiko and pushed her but not strong enough for her to fall.

"You seriously don't rememeber? Oh thats right.. you lost you memories. Sad isn't it? If you would remembered all the things you did to me, you would be so sorry. You treated me badly and hurt me in so many ways, not to mention damaging me mentally and now you expect me to be all nice to you? Oh well sorry, I go by the saying: You respect me and I'll respect you back." Emiko pushed her back, copying her exact moves but with more force and she fell to the floor.

"I don't like you. Get out of my room before I reck your pretty little face."

And with that, Yuuki got up and bolted out.

***

See you next time.