Chapter 23

Unedited
Zero's POV

Darkness.

That was all I could see.

I felt like my body was falling into the deep dark pits of abyss. Just where was I?

My body motioned to a halt and I look around—or at least tried to. A small light flickered from the corner of my eye and I turned my body right around to see what seems to be light shining through.

I reached out my hands towards it, wanting to get away from here as possible and just as I did, I was enveloped my a white light.

I open my eyes, my sight meeting the ceiling. Just as I start to readjust, I realised that the door opened. Someone gasped and their footsteps headed straight towards me.

"Zero!" The person yelled.

Huh?

I lifted my head slightly and narrowed my eyes. A girl stood there smiling at me in relief or some sort. She had short brown hair and brown-red eyes. She seemed to be wearing a black uniform.

"I can't believe you've woken up! I was so scared, I thought you were never going to wake up!" She cried, falling on top of me making me groan in pain. The pain seemed to be coming from my back. Who the hell laid me on my back?

I tense up and clear my throat to indicate that I didn't like her touching me. She noticed and quickly got off with her face red as ever.

"S-Sorry.." She mumbled, playing with her fingers.

I was confused by the way she called me Zero. Was that my name?

"Who are you?" I questioned, trying my best to sit up to talk to her properly.

She looked at me as if she was horrified and her face full of panic.

She started mumbling to herself, "No, No. This can't be happening. It was just his back, his head had nothing to do with it! This— he couldn't have amnesia by that, it doesn't make any sense!"

I was getting annoyed, who was this stranger? Why did she act as if she knows me?

"Answer me, who are you?" I asked once again in a stern voice.

She gulped and her eyes jumped back and forth. Her thumb twiddling had gotten worse, it seemed like she was getting nervous.

"I— uh.."

"Well?"

She sighed and walked over to me, holding my face in her hands. For some reason it felt out of place, like she shouldn't be touching me like this.

"Zero, don't tell me you've forgotten me." She pouted but it seemed so fake.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"Geez, I'm your girlfriend." An emotion flickered in her eyes but it went as soon as it came.

"You.. You're my girlfriend?" I repeated.

"Yes! My name is Yuki. Your name is Zero. We've been together for almost a month now. Whilst you were—uh.. getting ready to pick me up for our date, you fell down the stairs and knocked your head. That's why you don't remember anything." She said.

I nodded my head slowly, taking in the information. I felt this continuous nagging inside of my head. It didn't feel right, but if she said she was my girlfriend, I'll have to trust her.

"Oh and you can also call me, baby, babe, cupcake—" She started but I cut her off.

"No, I'll just stick to Yuki for now." I said. Those nicknames were making me uncomfortable.

"Fine then." She said.

I pulled the covers away from me and swung my feet over the bed and just as I did, the door swung open.

Yet another gasp was heard and just like the scene before, someone lunged at me, taking me down. I land on my back with pain, again.

It was a female with long brown hair this time. I couldn't really see her face but hear only her sobbing. It was as if she was a weeping angel.

I tried to push her away, seeing that Yuki was getting mad and jealous. But when she wouldn't get off of me, I gave up. Almost immediately, I adjusted to her warmth. I was about to hug her back but the girl was yanked off of me.

"He's mine!" Yuki yelled angrily.

The girl's beautiful face had stayed calm, no expression or whatsoever passed her face, though her eyes looked like they were mentally killing Yuki.

"No he isn't, stop your lies Yuki." The girl then turned to me and smiled lovingly that made my heart flutter, "Tell her, Zero. Tell her that you're my boyfriend."

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Yuki is my girlfriend, is she not?

"Uh.. U-h.." No words came out of my mouth. What was I suppose to say?

"No, don't listen to her Zero! She's a liar, that's all she ever will be! She always tries to get between us and have failed attempts of breaking us up, you don't want us to break up right Zero?" Yuki exclaimed, stomping her foot. Well if she is my girlfriend, I should be agreeing with her. But in the back of my mind, why did I feel like it wasn't right?

"What are you talking about? Zero clearly knows I'm his girlfriend. Yuki is that the greatest lie you've ever come up with." The girl retorted.

".. I'm sorry, but who are you?" I looked directly at her, confused. Her face fell and my heart felt like it smashed into pieces.

"Z-Zero, stop joking around like that. It's not funny." She said in her shaken voice. In the corner of my eye, I see Yuki smirking.

"I—I don't really like the way you're treating Yuki." I lied, though it hurt me to say it. "If whatever Yuki said was true, you should leave."

"It's me, E-Emiko, don't you remember? We've promised each other stay together. Zero, you're the one that said you loved me and—and that's the reason you show your emotions to me when you usually don't to anyone. You were the one who comforted me in my dark days and snapped me back into reality—"

"Excuses, excuses. Here, I'll escort her out, Zero." I watched as Yuki pushed Emiko out of the room with her yelling for me. I did all of that? I asked myself. It pained me to see her reaching for me. I clutch the white sheets tightly in my fists.