A Glance On The Past

Start from the beginning

-NEVER! I WILL NEVER ABORT! HOW CAN YOU ASK ME TO DO THAT?!

-I don't ask you anything! It's an order. I'm your father and you better obey me!

-When were you a father to me?! You never support me!

-Shut your mouth! You will abort this child or you're not my daughter anymore!"  I so wanted to throw the phone but I couldn't. I decided to take the greatest decision of my life. I took a deep breath to calm down and on the coldest tone I could use I answered to the man who claimed being my father.

"You never were my father anyway. You only cared about Shawnae so I will let you have what you always wanted.

-What are sayi...

-From now on, you only have one daughter. Congratulation!

-TIANA! I'm warning you, if you decided to keep this baby, there is no need to ca...

-I don't have any link with you sir! Can you please let me talk to my mother." I heard my mother taking the phone from her husband. 

"Tiana, I know your father always was unfair with you but for once I'm on his side." I was shocked.

"Mom...What do you mean?

-It will be better of you abord that baby!"  I swallow my saliva as I could feel my throat tightening.

"I won't do that.

-Tiana, you can't raise a baby all alone!

-Why should I be alone?

-Because this child have no father and I'm not going to help you raise this baby. You must abord it and everything will be good!

-So if I understood well, you won't help me if I decided to raise this baby?

-Exactly! I can't let my daughter spoil her life for that..Thing!"  I held back my tears and looked at my sister.

"Then...it's maybe better if, as your husband, you only have one daughter...right?

-W-What do you mean?

-Me and this baby....We can't be separated, we are one! If you don't want to be related to it then it's the same for me.

-Tiana. You'll be ready to reject everybody just for this baby?

-Isn't it what a mother supposed to do? Put her child first?" My mother didn't answer. She just sighed. I waited for her to say something during minutes, hoping she would say she will support me but I what was I expecting? I was so silly.

"I'm so disappointed...If you can't bring the father of this baby then I can't help you on this. If you consider that I'm not your mother for that then...I can't do anything, right? I wish you a good life." I didn't even answer, I just hung up and tend her phone to my Shawnae.

"I can't believe you are rejecting us for this unborn baby!

-"us"? So...Just as these two person you don't want to help at all?