Chapter 9

Chapter 9

When they arrived back at Brindles’ home, Marcus placed her on her bed to rest.  She wasn’t asleep or even tired, just somewhat overloaded with energy.  Marcus sat at the foot of the bed and waited for her body to accustom itself to the amount of energy it had consumed, a task that once her body was acquainted with would not happen again as it would readily consume all it needed and perhaps more with no effects.

About twenty minutes later Brindle looked up at Marcus with a grin on her face.  “Whoa!  That was unbelievable, what a rush!” 

Marcus smiled at her reaction and said, “Don’t get up too quickly you were dizzy when I brought you home.  How do you feel?”

Brindle considered things for a minute, what had happened was awesome, an experience she would always remember.  She thought about how she felt and had to say that she felt fine, better than fine actually.  “Marcus, I don’t think I’ve ever felt this good or this strong before, is that normal?”  Then she began to laugh, “Normal,” she said, “I don’t recall much of anything being normal for sometime now.”  Marcus had to agree with her and he laughed as well.

Brindle lay on her bed a while longer just to make sure she didn’t get all dizzy when she finally did sit up.  “You know Marcus I once wrote a poem about that rainforest, want to hear it?”  Marcus looked impressed and said that he would indeed like to hear her poem.  So she began…

                                                  Minnamurra

                                               Lyre-birds scratching

                                                 In the rich brown earth

                                             Pushing back leaf litter

                                               Detritus and all

                                           Scratching and looking

                                   Until they see – juicy fat worms           

                                                  To have for their tea

                                        Curarongs fluttering

                                            From tree to tree

                                             Watching visitors

                                            Have a cup of tea

                               Watching – waiting, looking to see

                     “Have they left any food scraps behind for me”

                              Lillypilly, Bloodwood, Sandpaper Fig,

                                       Epiphytes, Settlers Flax,