Meadow

Introduction

"What the hell is wrong with you Meadow; you know your mom said that if she catches you with him again, she was going to kick you out of the house... right, did you forget...are you insane...or, or just have a death wish?"

Dakota's eyes were wide with shock as her arms flared from side to side.She barley took a breath as the words flowed from her. I sat on the floor in her bedroom and listened without responding.

I knew mom was going to flip. I knew she would be mad and probably ground me for a life time, but she wouldn't kick me out. She loves me too much.

Kota sat on the edge of her bed; grabbed her teddy bear and cuddled it watching me intently.

"Meadow, what ever you do, you have to end this now." Her voice has changed, she was no longer angry, she sounded more concerned.

I let out a deep sigh and leaned against her closet door. I played with a lose string that was coming from the bottom of my pant leg.

"I love him Kota, I can't let him go, no matter what our parents say."

I finally brought my eyes to hers and watched as she closed them and shook her head in disbelief.

"After everything you two have already been through; I have no idea why either of you would want to put yourselves through even more." She lay back on her bed, still holding her old teddy bear in her arms.

Welcomed silence filled the room allowing me to think about him. I closed my eyes and brought him to my mind; his chocolate brown eyes, his amazingly clear complexion, his well built body, and his deep voice telling me that he loves me.

I smiled to myself.

Kota's voice made me look at her, losing my mental vision of Dyson Knight.

"You know Meadow...love just isn't enough!" She stood from her bed and walked out of the room towards the kitchen, making the conversation come to an abrupt end.

I sat there for a little while longer thinking about what all she had said. How could love not be enough? As long as we have each other we didn't need the approval of anyone else, not even our parents...right?

Music was softly playing from the radio on Kota’s desk. Every song I hear I seem to relate to Dyson and I. A warm feeling ran through me as I thought of his arms around me. That’s where I would rather be.

I stood from the floor when I heard Mrs. Frank call me for dinner.

A/N Due to previous comments, I just want everyone to know that the details of each character unfolds in the story. By chapter 5 you will have a clear vision of each person. I do this for a reason. Also this is a first draft and I am taking every comment into consideration and am very thankful to each of you that take the time to leave me one. Thank you so much for reading and giving Meadow a chance. {)i(}