The Mission

A/N: Jasper was the first to reach 3 votes but... Sapphire got 3 votes too so... yeah. I'll be doing a Sapphire chapter too.

Jasper's POV:

"Ugh, it's no good."

Me, the kid, the nerd, and the brat landed in a small forest with like... a hundred trees instead of getting back to the Galaxy Warp, like we were supposed to.

"What the heck, Peridot? This isn't the Galaxy Warp!"

"Dust off, Jasper! I couldn't find a warp stream to travel there! Ugh!" The little green nerd stomped off the warp pad and into the clearing around us. "I don't even know where we are... ergh! But warp streams don't just disappear! It must've been damaged somehow!"

That reminds me...

"Oh yeah. That Ruby from before broke it."

"What?" Even Steven and Lapis shouted at me on that one.

"Yeah. She launched her little gauntlet into it before she disappeared. So... yeah. It's busted."

"Wouldn't that have been good information to share before we went through an unfamiliar warp stream on a unfamiliar planet?"

Ugh. She's getting all screechy again.

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed, tucking my arms behind my head. "Where we at, anyway?"

"I don't know! I literally just said that!"

"Eh. Sometimes I tune you out. If I didn't, I'd probably have headaches."

"Ugh. I do not have time for this. I'm going to go check my Geological Locator."

Lapis snickered. "You mean your map?"

"Geological Locator." The nerd corrected.

"Yeah. She means a map." Steven giggled.

"Whatever. Call it what you want. You all should debrief the battle." Peridot's little screen thing appeared in front of her. "There's a definite number of Warp Stations and if they locate us and we have to fight again, that would be an issue."

"Heh. Not for me and Lapis." Whoops. Think I just accidentally complimented the brat.

Well she is a good fighter. At least I don't have to focus on watching Steven and guarding Peridot at the same time.

"Ugh. Whatever." Peridork disappeared into the foliage of this planet's weird forest, leaving me with the blue brat and Steven.

"So kid, I saw you use that weird bubble thing." I took a seat on the ground, leaning my elbow on the Warp Pad for support. "You suddenly get new powers or something?"

"Well... sort of." Steven took a seat across from me. "I used that bubble shield by accident when I was in Underground City."

"You mean with the humans?" Lapis chimed, sitting between Steven and me, making it into a little triangle. "Were you protecting one of them?"

He was guarding... humans? Humans... why do I know that word? I can't... hmm... remember...

"Mhm." The kid chirped. "My friend, The Comet. He was getting attacked by this huge Centipeetle monster thing. I didn't see what happened to him but... I hope he's okay."