Gem Glow: We Are the Shining Gems!

Author's note: The poorly remade Homeworld Steven outfit was self made. Enjoy~

A cacophony of whirring gears, clinks, clanks, and the occasional explosion surged from the green door in front of me. Behind me though, I heard the shouts of an obviously angry taskmaster.

"Where is he? I can't believe he escaped again! Find him, secure him, and bring him back here!"

She seriously needs to take a chill pill.

I quickly lifted up my shirt and my gem was scanned.

"Hu hu hu..." I chuckled. It always tickles.

"Pink Diamond recognized. Welcome Pink Diamond to Room: Peridot's Lab."

"Shh..." I quietly whispered to the door's voice. I dashed inside in the nick of time as the sounds of the heavy footsteps of guards pounded past the closed door.

The lab was dark aside from the green glow that came from a worktable in front of me. The light silhouetted the form of a gem I knew all too well.

"Peridot!" I shouted happily.

"Waugh!" Her shout was followed by a small explosion that knocked her to the ground.

"Peridot, oh my gosh, are you alright?" I dashed over to her and by the eerie green light of her worktable, I noticed her face had been burnt crispy.

"Heh." I chuckled, stifling a laugh.

"Steven! What are you doing here?" She groaned in her shrill voice. "Shouldn't you be in the training room?"

"Yeah, but I got bored with it."

"So you came here?" She shouted. "Steven, you're supposed to be training! If your mom finds out that you're in here, she'll poof the both of us!"

Peri was right, even if she was a bit annoying about it. My mom was really strict but I know that's because she's a Diamond so she has a lot of stuff to deal with-

"...around Homeworld." Peridot said, completing my thought. "And one day those responsibilities will be yours and-"

"and one day those responsibilities will be mine and blah blah blah. But that's the future and this is now, Peri! We should go on a cool mission for my mom!"

The confused, kinda angry glance Peri shot at me would make you think she had laser vision, but I doubt one of my best friends would shoot me with a laser, even crazy ol' Peridot.

"Steven, are you crazy? You aren't aloud to even leave the Palace until after you finish training, let alone go on a mission."

"Pfft. I should've known you wouldn't be the cool gem for once." I taunted. "Jasper would probably sneak me out if I asked her."

Peridot sighed as she rose off the ground, towering slightly above me.

"Steven, Jasper knows how important you are to the Diamond Authority. Even she has enough sense not to take you off Homeworld."

A familiar voice croaked behind me. "Hmm but do I also have enough sense not to deck you for that little comment, Per?"

"Jasper!" We shouted.

"That's right, little man." Jasper smiled as she pounded her huge, orange fist into mine. "When I had heard that you escaped your training, I figured that you'd come here."

"Jasper, can you take me on your next mission?"

Hehe Jasper never tells me no! She's kinda like a mom and a sister to me. Time to serve my planet as a regular member of the Shining Gems! Oh yeah, that's the official name of Jasper, Peridot, and my little group.