Laced With Poison

Jasper's POV:

That... nuisance was somehow defying gravity while clinging to a pillar, a new spear in hand after I smashed about five of her other ones. "Hmph. You Homeworld Gems are truly getting sloppy. What? Are they not training you at the academy anymore?" She taunted.

"Grrrrr... agh! I don't need training!" Before I knew what was happening, I had shoved my fist through the pillar she so fearfully clung to.

"Hmph. All smash and no brains. Just like Amethyst. Disassembling the team may have been the best idea Garnet ever had!" The bean pole lunged at me, swinging her weapon fast enough to slice through the air around it... and my hair as well.

"I need to finish this fast, before I go bald..."

I dunno who Garnet and Amethyst are but I'm sure they'll be just as easy to crush as you!

"You'll be losing so much more than just your hair, Homeworlder!" The Pearl lunged at me again, this time putting another tear in my battle suit.

I gotta wrap this up, Peridot and the kid are probably waiting for me... but you're just buzzing around me like a stupid fly! How am I supposed to swat you? Wait...

"Heh. Swat you. That's a perfect idea." I felt an evil grin spread across my face, this is gonna be over in a few more seconds...

"Swat me? You really are getting desperate, aren't you?"

"Hmph, big talk from a Pearl."

I don't know how I'm gonna put this plan into action but... once I get the ball rolling, she's-

"Whoa!"

Nyumph...

The Pearl had slashed me across my chest as I plotted, an action that I won't let go unpunished. Suddenly, she crashed the end of her spear into my helmet, heavily cracking the glass. "I'm more than a Pearl! You don't even know the half of it!"

Two strikes, I'm not letting you get away with a third, you worthless Pearl!

In a split second, I snatched her by her skinny, pale twig-arm and threw her high into the air. I had caught her off guard enough that she wouldn't be able to recover immediately.

"Get swatted!" I tore a pillar from the ground and dashed over, swinging it to hit her before she could return to the ground.

"No, you get swatted!"

Suddenly, the end of my pillar was reduced to a dust cloud that poured around me.

That wasn't the Pearl's voice. Ugh, so she brought reinforcements? What a weak tactic.

I destroyed then reformed my helmet, giving me a better view through the dust. What I saw though was... the Pearl landing and I think I also saw a fire dashing over to her?

As the dust faded, there were two gems clearly standing on a Warp Pad. Well, the Pearl was being tightly forced onto the hip of a short, red runt with a cubed afro that was practically the size of her head.

Rage and curiosity had me in its grip. "Who the heck are you?"

"Pfft. Wouldn't you like to know." The red gem's right hand was hidden inside a gauntlet.