Gleaming Exposure

The humongous centipeedle writhed in anger, bucking the Comet around on its head. But the Comet is strong, he wouldn't let go!

"Comet, I'm here-ah!" Connie shouted, appearing shocked as she saw the huge hole left in the Comet's house.

"Connie," The Comet sighed, "You can't fight this thing, you should get somewhere safe!"

"No way! I'm gonna stay and fight... with you!" Connie leapt onto the centipeedle and jabbed her katana into the beast's back but... it didn't seem to work!

"I wouldn't do that if I were you!"

"Huh?" Once again, Connie jabbed the beast and again and again and again until suddenly something snapped!

Oh man, oh man, oh man! Please don't tell me that was Connie!

"I tried that earlier, her armor plating's too tough! I lost my axe in it somewhere..!"

So he uses an axe? That's so cool! The Comet just gets more and more awesome!

Nanafua let me down, thankfully, and I ran towards the huge gem monster. I probably would've gotten there too if Nanafua didn't grab my shirt collar and stop me.

"Ugh. Why didn't you tell me earlier? Now I need to get a new weapon!" Connie called over to the Comet. Thankfully, she was okay! "I'll find your axe and bring it to you! But... how are we gonna beat this thing?"

"Her weak spot's her gem!"

Well that's not really true for all gems but... that's a good place to- wait...

"It's gem is in its mouth!" She called to him.

"Heh, looks like I'm gonna have to get eaten then!"

What? Noooo! Those things shoot acid, that's a bad idea!

"Are you crazy? Those things probably have super acidic stomach acid! You'll get fried if you go in there!"

"Yeesh, really?" The Comet was already halfway down to her mouth but uh... it looked like he might turn back. "I mean uh... then I hope I give her indigestion."

I hadn't noticed until I was outside the Comet's van but I was racing up to help Connie and the Comet. Nanafua was far behind me. I think she tried to chase me but... age and exhaustion caught up to her.

They aren't gems... they can't do this alone! These guys are squishier than me and Jasper calls me a marshmallow sometimes!

"I'm coming, you guys!"

"Was that Steven?"

Yes and I'll be right there, sir!

"Ugh, I told him to stay on the surface!"

The Comet's voice called back to her. "You took him to the surface? And left him there, unarmed?"

"I was worried about the town! Helping you seemed like it was more important!"

Oh no! They're arguing, this is dangerous! You're always supposed to be attentive in battle, mom taught me that!