Barn Boy

A/N: I always have people eating with their enemies in my works... it's an odd recurring theme.

Steven's POV:

Lunch with the citizens of Underground Beach City was waaay different to lunch back home. In the middle of town, there was this huge, crazy long table and everyone was there! And when I say everyone, I mean... everyone!

While Connie and I were handing out the food, I was introduced to everyone. I already know the good Doctor (who quickly excused herself from the table to go deliver my mirror), the Comet, and his mean advisor Marty but there's also Kiki and Jenny: the pizza sisters (whatever pizza is). Their dad Kofi, and Nanafua. There's this really nice blonde lady named Sadie (who is apparently in the town's military) and her mother who is kinda estranged from her despite the fact that they live in the same town. Then there's Lars who seems really cool! And... Peedee, Ronaldo, and Mr. Fryman who apparently used to sell fries (another weird Earth thing).

Uh... let's see... there's also Vidalia, Yellowtail, Sour Cream, and Onion. Oh and then there's Jamie, who keeps everyone entertained with... weird performances? I think he's their jester, we have one back home to keep mom entertained, I try to be funny for her too but... eh I'm not a professional. I think I saw some other people here too but... I didn't get their names.

"Wow, Connie, these sandwiches are actually better than usual." The girl, Jenny I think, said, snatching a sandwich off her sister's plate.

"Hey!"

A disinterested tone was let loose from Connie's throat while she distributed more and more plates all around. "Thanks. I actually got some help making them from Steven."

"Steven? Oh. The new kid." Jenny sighed. "So new kid," Jenny smiled, her face full of sandwich as she leaned towards me, "What's your story? Where ya from?"

Heh, another planet.

"Um... up..." I stammered, pointing up to the sky.

"Oh, north you mean?" The other pizza sister, Kiki, stepped in.

"No. He means from space." The other sister sighed, hopefully being sarcastic.

How could she know? Did the Doctor tell her? Wait, how could she know? This planet has gems here too!

Without warning, a man's voice erupted from further down the table."Kiki! Jenny! Stop talking at the lunch table!"

"Yes, daddy." The twin sisters sighed in unison.

*~*

Lunch was actually pretty fun for the most part! Nobody was sitting and watching me eat or discussing military plans or anything, it was awesome!

The most amazing part is that after everyone was finished with their meals, they came up to me and Connie to thank us.

"Thanks for the sandwiches New Kid!"

Is everyone gonna call me that?

"Thank you, Steven."

"Heh those sandwiches were actually pretty good. Keep up the good work."

"It's been a while since I've had a lunch this good! You guys are great sandwich makers!"

"Wow, maybe we should make the new kid the new cook."

"Heh, I'd gladly teach him the way of the fry."