☾Alpha and Luna

After that terrifying encounter, Landon took us to what looked like a spacious living room of some sort. The furniture was old-fashioned but had a certain charm I found comfortable.

I was on the verge of passing out. I couldn't believe this was still the same day as Cassie's birthday party. It felt like we'd been here for an entire week.

"What's gonna happen to us?" Cassie asked.

Landon shrugged, "The Alpha and Luna will probably want to meet you."

"What the hell is an Alpha and a Luna?"

"Alpha Ares and Luna Alexandria are the leaders of our pack. They have the final say of what we can do with you. Who knows, they might tell us to feed you to the pups."

I widened my eyes.

"Joking," Landon held up his hands with a slight smile, "We obviously don't eat humans and if we did, we wouldn't eat you two."

"When are we gonna meet this Alpha and Luna?" Cassie asked impatiently.

I looked out the window but of course it was too dark to see anything.

"Not tonight," a voice came from across the room and scared me a little until I saw who it was. It was the healer whose name I didn't know.

"Oh, right," Landon made a face palm, "I forgot, the Alpha and Luna are away visiting another pack."

"So we can go then?" Cassie stood up quickly, smoothed down her wrinkled dress and headed for the exit.

But the healer stepped in her way.

"Not necessarily. You and your sister will sleep here tonight and wait until they arrive in the morning. We have already prepared a room for you down the hall. Landon, would you mind showing our guests to their room?" It was meant to be a chivalrous offer but I couldn't help but want to immediately say no.

Thankfully Cassie shared the same sentiment.

"You expect us to sleep in this dingy, medieval castle that's probably covered in like a million germs? No way." She wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"Germs are the least of your concerns," the healer didn't back down and I wondered what he meant by that. "Landon, please escort them down the hall so they can rest."

"No, we're going home. Right, Landon?" Cassie looked at Landon but he completely ignored her pleas. I was too nervous to say anything. "Right, Landon?" She repeated.

"Come on," Landon tried to sound chipper, "I'll show you to your room."

The healer moved out of the way and Landon forced us to follow him to another unknown place.

.•*•.

Our room had everything we needed. Two king-sized beds, an en-suite bathroom stocked with amenities, a tall cabinet of fresh food and a walk-in closet full of clean unwrinkled clothes. They even guessed our sizes right.

If I didn't know better, I'd say we were in a first class hotel.

Yet I knew they were only doing this because they wanted something from us. They had kidnapped us and locked us in this golden cage without any further explanation of what was going on. All we knew was that we had to meet with this Alpha and Luna.