"Bailey go find a member of staff to call someone out to fix the lift, Ryan come with me, everybody else stay put!" Mike ordered.

----------

Marie's POV

I was crying but my breathing was back to normal. I couldn't stop the terrified thoughts from invading my mind.

What if we never get out? What if you never see your friends again? What if you die!

Tee held onto my shoulders and pulled me away from the doors.

"Just calm down, breathe in and out..."

I did as I was told. My breathing became normal and we decided to sit down and save our energy.

It was becoming pretty awkward, sitting there, silently.

My thoughts were interrupted by Tee.

"We're gonna be fine. The others are on their way, they are going to help!"

We were sat against the back wall of the lift and Tee was trying her hardest to look after me.

"I know, I'm just...well...scared." I admitted.

Then, the light went out! I quickly grab my phone and turn on the torch. Tee now looks just as scared as me, but at least she isn't crying her eyes out like I am.

"I'm calling Ryan!"

R: What's up? Are you ok? We're on our way I'm coming!

M: The lights have gone out!

R: Stay calm, someone's on their way to fix it, what floor are you on?

M: Halfway between 3 and 4. Please hurry...

The line went dead and my phone buffered for a few seconds before turning off.

I screamed. It was dark, my charge was gone and I'm locked in a dark lift.

I felt Tee wrap and arm round me and I quickly did the same. It was comforting knowing that someone else was there.

Tee seemed fine, she doesn't mind the dark, or small spaces for that matter. I'm glad I'm stuck in here with Tee and not Carmen.

"Say something..." I ordered.

"Like what?"

"Anything! Ask a question I'll tell you anything!"

"Why are you in care?" She blurted. "I'm sorry I shouldn't..."

"My parents died." I squeaked, my voice cracked, "in a fire when I was little. It was all my uncles fault, he was the man who attacked me the other day"

"I'm so sorry, i shouldn't have asked."

"How about you?"

"Well, me and my brother Jonny had this step dad, Keith, he was angry all the time. He didn't really like us much. Jonny used to try and protect me but he was abusive, in the end, he was arrested and we were taken into care."

"Jonny sounds like a great brother" I sniffed.

"He's gone to join the army now. I rarely see him. I was meant to see him a while ago but he couldn't make it." Tee was also starting to cry now.

"Do you have any other siblings?"

"I have a younger half sister, Hope. She is Keith's, he came out of jail just before Jonny left to join the army. I don't see any of them any more."

There was a moment of hesitation before Tee asked "Do you have any siblings?"

"No. My parents had enough on their plates with just one child."

"Have you been in any other care homes?" She asked, out of the blue.

"Yeah. I was in care for a few years after my parents died. Before I lived with my aunt. I remember my care worker dropping me off" I began crying even more at this point

"and I was taken inside. The other kids laughed at me and stole my stuff. The care worker didn't care though, he never did anything to stop them. They hurt me and left me with almost nothing by the end of the first day. All I remember is the cold feeling of utter loneliness that I felt that night when I got into my bed. The room was freezing and there was no hot water for a shower. Nobody there knew me, nobody there cared about me. Then my aunt adopted me, which worked for a while, until she got arrested."

"Sorry" I sniffed after my long emotional speech. "I really don't know where that came from"

Tee flung her arms round me and wrestled me into a tight hug. "It came from the heart" she whispered.

I hugged her back and we both just sat there in tears, thinking about life and the past.

After sitting in tears for what felt like forever, the light slowly flickered back on and the lift began to move again.

I saw my reflection in the mirror. I look a mess. My eyes are red and puffy and my whole face and hair and everything just looks terrible.

I was still on the floor in a mess when we got to the first floor. Mike and Ryan were there looking horrified, everybody else was behind, trying to push through and see what was going on.

Carmen ran to Tee and gave her a tight hug and Ryan came to me and pulled me off the floor,wrapping both his arms round me.

"You scared me stupid!" He exclaimed with a sigh. "Never leave me again!"

I just held onto him. I didn't want to let go, I don't think he did either. Eventually, he picked me up in a newlywed/damsel in distress type manner and carried me into the lounge where everyone was once again preparing to watch the film.

Ryan placed me on one of the sofas before sitting beside me, pulling a blanket over mine and his legs.

Everybody else was sat around on the other sofas whilst Mai Lee got the film going. I had no clue what we were watching, I was distracted by what had just happened.

It seemed everybody just tried to forget the whole situation ever happened. I wish I could too.

"Thanks Ryan" I said, cuddling him.

"Bet your glad you brought your phone now!"

"Is now really the time to be sassy?"

"Guess not. I'm glad you're ok though." He said, cuddling me back.

"Me too"

________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments and voting and even for simply reading! This writing is kind of therapeutic and really ups my self esteem. Thank you so much xxx

Love you all xxx