Terrified

Lucy and I climbed down the treehouse, since we're barely fitting in there.

We ate for a while, gazing at the stars from the mini park of my parent's house, and she slumped her head on my shoulder.

"So, this is where you fell in love with me..." I initiated for a conversation, to end the suffocating silence between us, while our gazes still locked on the stars above.

"Yes." she admitted and I couldn't help but smile and I slowly drew her closer to me, if that was even possible.

"Isn't it too young for you to fall in love with me?" I noted, chuckling a little, and I leaned a little to see her puffy cheeks blush in embarrassment.

"It was. But, I enjoyed every second of it." she confessed and I felt my heart beat racing.

"It's a good thing you're comfortably leaning on my shoulder, right now..." I muttered, evenly, with probably a tint of pink on my cheeks and she looked confused.

"If not, I'd probably kiss the soul out of you." I added and she stiffened for a bit.

I leaned over, once more, to see her face better.

My eyes widened at the tears springing freely from her eyes.

"W-What's wrong, Lucy?" I asked and she sat up, still locking her eyes on the stars above.

"If I give you another chanc-" She muttered but was cut off by my ringing phone.

I grabbed the phone to see that it was from Elfman.

Lucy watched me intently on what I was planning to do with my ringing phone.

"Hold that thought, Lucy." I stated but she looked at me with sorrow-filled eyes.

She didn't say anything else as I answered the phone.

"Hey, Natsu." Elfman greeted and I greeted back.

"So, Lis said that you promised to visit today and she's been waiting the whole day for you. Look, I'm sorry for prying but I just don't want my sister waiting aimlessly for you. Can you talk to her for a bit? She's very excited to see you, again." I heard Elfman chuckle and I was about to respond but my attention was caught by the silent girl beside me.

"I'll be there soon as I can." I exclaimed and Elfman responded an even "yeah" then I hang up the line.

There was a ringing silence between us.

"Lucy, I'm sorry but I have to go somewhere right now." I sheepishly smiled at her and her face looked blank.

She sat up and sighed in defeat then turned to me with her glassy orbs.

"When will it be me, Natsu?" She asked, lowly, and I looked at her in confusion.

"Just when exactly are you going to place me as your first priority?" she clarified and I gaped at her in disbelief.

Is she serious?

"You do know that you sounded selfish saying that, don't you?" I started laughing and she remained silent.

"Wait." I stopped and my laughter died down.

"You were serious?" I questioned her and she just looked up in the sky.

"I am." She slowly stated then she faced me.

"What's wrong with being selfish, for once?" she added, slowly giving me the saddest smile I've ever seen.