Learn

I watched her fall to the arms of her best friend.

Ironic.

I was her best friend.

The guy stared at me with a look that can kill.

"I knew I never should have allowed her to go with you!" he growled and I stood there confused.

Why is she unconscious?

"What happened to her?" I asked, slowly walking towards them.

He carried her, bridal style, and turned to me with vicious eyes.

"It's none of your business." He hissed and I was on the verge of losing it.

"It is my business. It's my fiancée that you're-"I got cut off when he rudely interrupted me.

"Yeah, that's right! Play the engagement card on me! News flash, buddy! I don't care! We both know that you only have two months remaining to be with her! Your time with her is limited, dipshit! So, don't pretend that you care!" he roared, angrily, and it took me aback.

I balled my fist and got ready to punch him straight in the face.

"Natsu..." Lucy murmured in her sleep and I slowly relaxed, seeing her peacefully sleeping.

In someone else's arms.

"You don't deserve someone like her..." The guy was watching her softly then he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

I felt my blood slowly draining from my face and I suddenly have this feeling that my world's falling apart.

That softened gaze he made, makes me want to claw his eyes out.

That a small kiss on the forehead, became such a big deal.

That little skin contact, made me want to kill the bastard.

Shouldn't I be happy about this?

But, why was I... suddenly... so scared of her leaving me?

"You've never seen how her eyes shines, the way she tells me something about you. How she looks lifeless when you ignore or say nasty things to her. She couldn't stop talking about you... Ever since years ago... You have no fucking idea how I wished I was you!" He snarled at me and I just kept looking at her.

"Just because you have a broken heart, doesn't mean that you should rub it in to someone else. Lucy has... a good heart. Stop breaking it." He left, leaving me planted on the ground.

Just... what exactly have I been doing?

To Lucy?

I shook my head and ran inside the arcade.

Bid my good friends goodbye and ran towards my car.

I drank my medication and head towards her home.

I quickly got up and I was greeted by the butler.

"She's not here, sir." He informed, narrowing his eyes on me.

"I want to see her. How is she?" I began questioning and his eyebrows furrowed at me.

"Why would it even matter to you, sir?" he questioned, critically, but his tone remained calm.

"I'm her betrothed." I simply answered, steadily.

"And, surely, you know everything about your betrothed?" He asked and I started sweating bullets, all that confidence completely burst like a bubble.

"O-Of course." I answered, unsurely.

"Well, you don't." he deadpanned and I eyed him in disbelief.