Surrender

"Sweetie, your dad said that he sent the paperwork for the transfer. Everything's fixed for Monday." My mom called from the kitchen and I smiled, despite hurting.

"Thanks, mom." I answered back and viewed every picture I took with Natsu.

Tomorrow's our third month.

A Sunday.

It's the end of the contract.

Now, we'd get to decide whether to continue or not.

It's been two weeks, since then.

Natsu and I...

Well...

Whenever he tries to talk to me, Gray would always be a step ahead of him and would block him out of my way.

I bought another phone, yesterday, since I'm planning on hiding the first one.

As I finished viewing the pictures on my camera, I quickly pressed delete all and smiled bitterly.

"It's finally over, huh..." I sighed in defeat and flopped on the bed.

I grabbed my first phone, real quick, and contemplated whether to read it or not.

Breathing heavily, I tapped on the message icon and read his latest message.

Lucy... It's been two weeks since the last that we spoke... Please! Let me know if you're okay! Baby, please... It's our third month tomorrow! Could you... At least, call me? I miss your voice... Please call me where you'd like to meet. I'm planning on telling her, tomorrow. Just... give me a little more time to prepare. Don't give up on me, Lucy. I miss you and I love you.

"I'm sorry, Natsu..." I muttered, softly, to myself and held the phone to my heart.

I stood up, placed the phone on my bedside table, and stretched.

This is for your happiness.

I paced around the room, trying to practice words before I deliver them smoothly to Natsu.

Sighing heavily, I grabbed my old phone and decided to call him...

Then, it rang.

I gnawed on my fingernail, waiting for him to answer the phone.

Third ring and he answered it.

"Lucy? Baby? You there?" He frantically called from the other line and all the words I've practiced earlier was gone.

I couldn't utter a single word.

"Lucy... Please talk... You can hear me, can't you? Lucy, I'm dying to hear your voice..." He voiced, softly and longingly.

I fought the tears that was wanting to spill.

"I..." I muttered, not knowing what to follow such word with a sentence.

I struggled to find the right words...

Clearing my throat, I looked up the ceiling to contain the tears that's fighting its way to the surface and I breathe heavily.

"Natsu..." I called and I could hear him gulp on the other line.

I could tell that his breathing hitched and he took in a deep breath.

My hands automatically trembled.

"Do you think you could figure out where I first fell in love with you?" I asked and there was silence.