Chapter 31

"The earliest flight to New York." she demanded as she slammed her card on the ticket counter.
The blonde lady looked up and for a moment she narrowed her eyes before remembering her airport etiquette.
This lady needs some serious edification. She said in her mind as she fake smiled Athena.
"There's a flight scheduled in eighty three minutes."
"What the- OH COME ONNN!!!" Athena yelled rolling her eyes.
Athena read the name badge of the blonde. Ruby Faunkner
What kind of fork-y surname is that? Athena made a face.
"M'am, do you want a ticket?" she asked.
"What do you think? I just came here to check the flight timings?" Athena said throwing her head back while rolling her eyes.
...And she also need some communication ethics. Ruby thought while her eyes remained wide.
"Well, we need a specific clear answer before we book the tickets. By specific we mean, Yes or No will do." Ruby said with a sick sweet fake big smile.
I really hate my job.
"Ofcourse Yes, I need a ticket." Athena said with more of her Greek accent. This always happens when she is mad.
She sat in the waiting room and saw that outside there's awesome food shop. Joey's Pizza. Who can avoid them? Oh, and the white pasta with burger and sone cheese balls will definitely helps my cravings right now. And fuck. My. Figure.
She had white pasta, margarita pizza and burger with cheese balls and ofcourse french fries. If you think that is all what she can have then wait, she had a cranberry juice after that. Feeling satisfied she went for the flight.
She was carrying no luggage accept her handbag. This way it'll be easier to run when the flight lands.
"Can I get you something M'am?" one young air hostess asked.
"Yes Please, can I have some Pringles and kiwi strawberry juice?" Athena asked surprisingly herself.
As she went, Athena said to herself,"Gosh! I'm eating like a pig."
"You are? But you seem quite in figure?" a gentleman looking suit and tie asked.
"Seriously? Now, is not the time you flirt okay?" Athena said facing him and frowning while rolling her eyes.
The guy's eyes rounded in utter shock and he just stared Athena.
"Well, if you want my autograph just ask, no need to keep staring." Athena said massaging her forehead with index finger to calm herself.
"No lady, just never have I ever seen a rude pretty soul like yours." he said turning his eyes and frowned.
"Thank you for the compliment. But like seriously? You're gonna frown in front of me?"
"Well you did that too."
"Well, I can do but you can't."
"It's my face okay. And I'll frown if I want to." the suit and tie said frowning.
"Wrong timing dude. If you keep on hitting girls not first understanding if she is in a good mood then you gotta' face the aftermath." Athena hissed.
"Aha, Aha? Aren't the girl who is ordering food suppose to be happy?"
"Thank God! You're not a psychiatrist. Because you definitely don't know about girl's mood and action."
"To your Surprise, Hello little rude pretty girl, I am Aristide, the French psychiatrist." he said offering his hand.
That was the time when she noticed his pale skin, grey eyes and straight perfect Hollywood nose.
On the scale of ten, I would rate him....ummm?
"Eight." she thought out loud.
"Huh?"
"Uh... You're definitely a pathetic psychiatrist."
"You're being judgemental."
"Oh is it? What about you judging that I am Happy and so you can hit on me?"
Women! They always have a way with words to come back and fight for no good reason.
"Women" he muttered under his breath as he fastened the seat belt.
"Did you say something?" she asked narrowing her eyes.
"Nope. Not at all Missy. Enjoy your food while I sleep." he said resting his head back on the seat and closing his eyes.
"I will, thank you!" she said as she dug into her food.

On the other side of the row, a guy sat in disguise as he closely watched Athena and passed the information on the phone.
As Athena completed the food, she started chanting in her mind fly faster! Faster! Faster! And her fingers tapped the arm rest restlessly.
The moment they announced about reaching to New York she closed her eyes in satisfaction.
Waiting outside the New York airport, she saw the yellow taxis flying, people running back to their home. Some laughing while some on the phone. Some waiting for the taxi while some wanderers singing to some really old song. She smiled smelling her hometown. Her family. Her friends. Her love of the life. Her entire journey. How far she had gone from her childhood here.
"M'am." a voice interrupted.
She turned to see Matthew.
"Hey, Wha-what are you doing here?" she asked.
His lips pursed at the question. Being a bodyguard is tough. He can never lie and now is the moment where his job demands lying.
She narrowed her eyes when he did not answer.
"You were spying on me?" she hissed.
"It's...- I can explain." he stammered.
"Hell yes you have to." she said crossing her arms.
"Please get in the car as I explain you the situation." he said as he bowed and guided towards a car.
"Mr. Edwin asked me to look after you." Matthew spoke as he made his way to the car.
Her eyes softened and her heart almost swelled with guilt.
"He did?" she asked softly.
"Yes M'am." he said as he opened the car door. She slipped in without muttering a thank you as she was soaked in ghe thoughts.
"I am sorry M'am it's not my area to speak but I just wanted to say that don't be mad at him for this. He did not do this with any wrong intentions. He was just concerned so he asked me to look after you." Matthew explained.
"Oh... No no. I am not mad at him."
"Where to, M'am?"
"Uh... Where is Edwin?" she asked.
"Mostly at the crematorium." he answered.
"Take me to him." she said as her eyes stuck on the window showing blurry New York scenes.
"When did this start?" she asked.
"Sorry M'am? I am afraid that I don't know what you're talking about."
"Leo. When did his health deteriorate so much?" she asked as her voice thickened.
"About... Three months ago. Because of diabetes." he replied shortly.
"Why did Edwin not tell me anything about this?"
"I don't know. He wanted to complete Mr. Leo's last wish is what Master said me once." Matthew answered.
Diabetes? Why did Edwin not tell me anything about this? She asked herself.
When they reached their destination, she held her breath deep as she walked towards the crematorium.