Chapter 3

"Yeah mom, don't worry I'll call you." Athena said for the nth time while she was waiting for the interview. Today she is suppose to give an interview for baby sitting. She knew if she wants independence than life has to be beyond college.

"Ms. Myers?" a girl asked.

"Yes."

"Mrs. Johnson is waiting for you."

"Okay."

"So Ms. Myers as far as my approval is needed, I am ready to appoint you as baby sitter. But we need to get some feedback from our customers regarding your services." Mrs. Johnson said.

Athena was simply happy that she is going to get some money. You may think that she is greedy. Yes, she is greedy and very ambitious. She cannot see people suffering so she simply thought about earning more.

Athena grinned. "Thank you. I am okay with feedback system."

"Mom, I got the job." she screamed as she entered the kitchen.

Mrs. Myers was happy to know that her daughter can work hard just like her father, to earn.

"Good. But be focused on your studies."

"Like I don't know that mom." she said rolling her eyes.

Even when Mrs. Myers knew that Athena is an all rounder, she knew that she won't use her talent when she is lazy and most of the time she is lazy so she is laid back.

Mrs. Myers stared out of the kitchen window. My daughter- Athena is more mature than her elder daughter- Maya and more childish than her younger son- Marcos.

"Athena, why don't you keep the plates on the table. I'll just come with the food." she said as she covered her face away from Ath.

"Maya will do that. I am so tired. I can't do this. Moreover household chores are not my type of thing." she replied and climbed upstairs to her room.

On her first day, Mrs. Johnson has appointed her to baby sit a two year old boy. After her college she went to the restroom to check her appearance. Decent enough, she thought looking at her outfit.

She is wearing blue jeans and a off- shoulder top which makes her collar bone look sexy. She wanted to wear something casual but when she opened her wardrobe she found only this top. It always happens with her. After owning so many clothes she won't wear any of them accept some few in daily wear.

"Ath! Stop freaking out. You look decent, it's not like you are going to date that baby boy." Hazel said redoing her make up.

"I am aware. Thank God you informed me or else I would have thought of dated that baby boy." Ath said with a forced smile.

"What- ever kiddo'. So you are going by?" Hazel asked.

Athena was now thinking of that guy who called her a kiddo' when she bumped into him. He was so rude! He called me a kid?! Asshole! She thought.

"Ath? You are here, right?" Hazel asked again when she saw Athena staring straight with a thinking look.

"Yeah? Yeah.. Yeah. What were you saying?" Athena asked when she saw Hazel calling her.

"How are you going to go?" Hazel asked again with a raised eyebrow and her lipstick still in her hand.

"Uh... Walking. It will hardly take twenty minutes." she said again going back to her bag packing.

"Dumb. I'll give you a ride there. Come let's go." Hazel ordered taking Athena's forearm.

"Actually I still have time so I'll walk and go. I don't want to reach early." Athena said.

1. She is too shy to accepe anyone's lift.

2. She hates to take favour even from her best friend Stella and Hazel.

"Ofcourse, how can I forget your allergy for accepting ride." Hazel said rolling her eyes.

She even knew that she can never argue with Athena. She is darn stubborn.

Many a times, Hazel and Stella think what pain Athena's man has to take to woo her and how his man has to handle Athena and her talkative nature.

As she was walking she saw one old couple laughing together. Athena smiled unknowingly at their happiness.

One guy was playing a guitar and some passer by threw dollar in his hat laid out near him. She watched her mobile for the time. Perfect! She thought. She crossed the road and started dancing while he was singing and playing guitar. The beggar smiled as no one ever danced on his song. She made her day. After shaking her waist she started moving her hands.

"You play good." she complimented.

The guy was beyond happy. I do? He thought to himself.

"What's your name dude?" Athena asked.

"Abby." he said grinning and blushed which showed his pale skin. His long hair were tied in small braids and he was wearing a black shade.

Athena saw his blush and grinned back hugging him. "I am Athena."

The guy opened his mouth and closed in shock. His face was no longer pale. He was blushing furiously.

"This one is for you, my lady." he said as he stopped playing. Athena? Athena was so happy. No guy had ever dedicated her a song.

He played his guitar.

"I really... I really... " he guy sang and again played his guitar.

"Whoo- ooo- oa ....I really need to know... Oh.. Whoa! Or else you gotta' let me go... Oo..oo" he sang and she knew that he is playing a song from her playlist.

She started dancing and making weird steps. She can never dare to dance on the road but this road is quite empty so she danced like never before. She bent to the level the guy was while he was playing guitar and shouted-sang,"And you feel so good, you make me...S-Stut-ter... Stutter!" she laughed as she rocked an imiginary guitar.

The guy laughed along with her putting his back.

"You're so great. I loved your performance. Thank you." Athena said as kept few dollars in his hat.

She was crossing when she realised that the car coming is too fast. She was startled and fixed at the spot.
Move back, Ath! Her head shouted but she stood there putting her hands across her eyes as the car's front light shined on her face.

The driver honked. Her legs started shivering and it felt like everything is in slow motion.

"Please God! I want to marry. I want to have kids and I want to earn lot of money. I want to save people." she whipered to herself.

"Sorry?" a melodious voice came and it sounded like that person was chuckling.

Though Athena urged to see the person who's voice she liked instantly, she just kept her hands on her face in embarrassment without looking at the person who sounded like a male to her and covering her face so that he won't see her face.
Am I alive? Athena thought peeping through her fingers when she saw a big black car from that small finger hole.
Oh yes! Damnit. I am alive.

Without looking up at the guy, she crossed the road running all the way.

Is this chapter small? Idk, you say.
The guy who just entered in the book. Who is he?
Next chapter and there comes my Edwin Forbes. The hero of the book. Calm your ass and keep reading. ;)
Happy reading.

-Pink__blush.